Assistant Director of Digital Communications and Operations
Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Stanford's Graduate School of Business
has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, pushing the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offering a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
in service of our mission of developing innovative, principled, and insightful leaders who change lives, change organizations, and change the world. We invite you to be part of this mission.
The MBA and MSx Programs at the Stanford Graduate School of Business seek an experienced Assistant Director to join the Digital Communications & Operations team. Reporting to the Director, Digital Communications & Operations, the Assistant Director is responsible for planning and executing events, such as student orientations, study trips, dean's lunches, and other student-related events. The event planning process includes consulting with stakeholders, planning logistics, managing vendors, providing presentation and materials support, and conducting pre- and post-event evaluations. In this role, you will also craft communications, manage student organizations management systems, create materials for events, provide on-site support for all events, and complete special projects as needed.
You should have excellent planning, organization, and problem-solving skills, and a desire to work with students, faculty, and staff to create and execute events. You will be a motivated person with strong written and verbal skills, a positive attitude, and have the ability to plan and execute concurrent events and to manage a wide variety of tasks in a fast-paced academic environment with frequently shifting priorities. Your primary responsibilities include:
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Initiate and lead meetings with stakeholders to plan scope and format of events, establish and monitor budgets, and/or review administrative procedures and event progress.
- Plan events for academic, co-curricular, and extracurricular events for students, including orientation, graduation, and student organization events.
- Plan travel for student study trips.
- Serve as an on-site project leader on specific events, coordinating teams that plan, implement, and manage all aspects of events such as marketing and vendors.
- Responsible for budget planning and management, venue management, and equipment and facilities management for specific events.
- Oversee development of registration strategy and logistics.
- Build and maintain relationships with students and partners.
- Procure and coordinate vendor services. Negotiate vendor contracts to minimize liability and risks.
- Research and provide recommendations for potential event locations, and evaluate alternatives.
- May oversee support staff, students, and contingent event staff.
- Manage student organization management systems.
- May require some travel and working evenings and weekends.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success managing event teams and planning, developing budgets, and meeting budget goals.
- Excellent project management skills, and the ability to manage complex timelines and multiple projects.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management, and customer service skills. Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to cultivate partnerships.
- Demonstrated high level of confidence in making strategic decisions, good judgment, and innovative and creative problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and cloud applications like Google Suite (including Docs and Forms).
- Ability to interact and successfully collaborate with a broad spectrum of contributing groups and customers.
Why Stanford is for You
- Experience in higher education is desirable.
Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks
align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture
that encourages and empowers you. How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. * The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job. Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency