Associate Director of Digital Communications and Operations
Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Stanford's Graduate School of Business
has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, pushing the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offering a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
in service of our mission of developing innovative, principled, and insightful leaders who change lives, change organizations, and change the world. We invite you to be part of this mission.
The MBA and MSx Programs at the Stanford Graduate School of Business seek an experienced Associate Director to join the Digital Communications & Operations team. Reporting to the Director, Digital Communications & Operations, the Associate Director is responsible for the implementation and ongoing management of new and existing communications and communication platforms for students.
The central mission of this role is to communicate with all areas of the school, advocate on behalf of the students, and ensure buy-in from various stakeholders. You will develop and manage content for the student website and other student communication platforms. You should have the ability to liaise with GSB Information Technology to define requirements for new or existing online and digital communication platforms and conduct periodic evaluation and analysis to recommend improvements and enhancements. You should also have an interest in conceptualizing and piloting new ways of communicating. In this role, you will manage projects and deliverables against tight release and launch timelines.
The ideal candidate should have an avid interest in both writing student communications and managing digital communications platforms and tools. In addition, you should have outstanding judgment, acute problem-solving skills, a keen understanding of and interest in technology, and exceptional written and verbal communication skills. You should be a collaborative team player who has the ability to reach out to many constituencies and understand their needs and priorities and to move the group toward consensus. The position requires you to have a positive attitude and the ability to manage a wide variety of tasks in a fast-paced academic environment with frequently shifting priorities.Your primary responsibilities include:
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Translate business processes into system requirements and/or development of systems solutions.
- Analyze new business requirements, assist with feasibility of enhancement requests, system functionality, current system use and user needs.
- Specify functional analysis and design and work with developers and analysts to recommend solutions and resolve system issues.
- Review, research, and evaluate software to determine its usefulness and appropriateness as related to existing or proposed business systems; assist or develop preliminary and detailed system design documentation.
- Perform testing of new systems, upgrades and patching of existing systems; plan, conduct and document results of testing.
- Liaise with external vendors or partners in support of business systems, which may include system development, implementation and/or operations.
- Develop business practices and procedures that leverage new online features and tools.
- Develop and work with teams to deliver overall communications plans to students.
- Edit and write student communications.
- Manage project delivery plan and timelines, and coordinate projects across departments.
- Building and overseeing content lifecycle and process to ensure the integrity of overall student websites
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree and five years relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of computer system capabilities, business processes, and workflow.
- Experience with enterprise applications and understanding of database driven applications.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques used in conducting management studies and in systems analysis.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise and business needs.
- Strong listening, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to design and document complex business systems.
- Proven problem solving and analytical thinking and ability to approach problems logically and systematically.
- A self-starter with a strong sense of initiative and follow-through; a high degree of creativity and pragmatism; the ability to juggle multiple projects; and the ability to take a project through from conceptualization to execution.
- Comfortable working at both strategy and detailed implementation; ability to see the big picture, how individual components fit into it, and the implications of decisions; strong organizational skills, instinctive attention to detail; ability to execute quickly and efficiently.
- Competency with relevant computer software including Google, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Must have technical knowledge of content development for web sites and of databases. Need to know or learn the application for site development and content creation.
Why Stanford is for You
- Experience with Drupal (or similar content management system).
- Experience with social media, including Slack and Instagram.
Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks
align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a https://stanford.app.box.com/s/ascj6uj5hktilfk7yac2x46zvcp4n8w0culture
that encourages and empowers you.How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.* The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency