Student Assistant - Marketing Communications Location:
UWG Recruiting Location Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
Welcome to one of the most dynamic universities in the nation.
Since 1906, UWG has been home to those who are eager to take their own path, learn, and grow. With more than 13,400 students and 85+ programs, we've come a long way since then. Today, we're a regional powerhouse with locations in Carrollton, Douglasville, and Newnan, Georgia, making a difference in the lives of our students, our neighbors, and the world. The one thing that's never changed: Amazing things happen when you Go West.
Becoming is about what we grow to be. UWG is positioning for Success in the 21st Century, introducing Strategic Priorities to help shape a comprehensive blueprint for our university. Relevance, Competitiveness and Placemaking serve as the pillars for the future of the institution. Learn more at https://www.westga.edu/becominguwg/index.php.
UWG Commitment Statement
Dedicating ourselves to the curation of a first-choice university.
The Marketing Communications Student Assistant works closely with the Program Manager, supports the planning and execution of the social media plan, and engages with social media followers. Other duties include, but are not limited to the following: Create visually-compelling designs. Write stories and press releases. Work on project assignments using good design principles and typography. Work under guidelines created by University of Communications and Marketing (UCM). Organize photo shoots and help update brochures and newsletters. Complete tasks with limited oversight. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating excellent grammar with the ability to write, edit and proof press releases and other documents
• Must have Graphic Design Experience (InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, other) and show evidence of work
• Must have strong computer skills (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA required and have Senior status or Graduate Student
• Must be available to work 20 hours per week, which may include occasional evenings
• Consistent attendance is a job requirement
• Photography skills are a plus
• Preferred major/minor: Marketing, Mass Comm, or English
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Critical thinking, oral and written communication, knowledge of how social media platforms function and at least basic knowledge of how social media algorithms share content, intermediate design and photography skills, knowledge of and ability to use any design platform (Canva, InDesign, etc), basic photo editing skills.
Ability to move about office freely, communicate without restriction, and lift up to 25 pounds.
Career & Self-Development
Equity & Inclusion