Job location: JJC Main Campus Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
Student Employee, Biology/Chemistry Lab Assistant - Main Campus
Main Campus - Biology/Chemistry Lab Student Employee
POSITION TITLE: Student Employee, Biology/Chemistry Laboratory Assistant, Main Campus
STATUS: Part time
DEPARTMENT: Natural Sciences and Physical Education
DIVISION: Student Development
REPORTS TO: Kristi Nowell, Biology Lab Supervisor
MINIMIUM PAY RATE: $11.00 per hour
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Abide by Safety Procedures & Policies as detailed in the JJC Chemical Hygiene Plan
2. Prepare laboratory materials for all Biology and Chemistry courses.
3. Prepare media for Microbiology Labs, including; operating the autoclave & practicing aseptic techniques.
4. Maintenance of aquariums, plants, lab animals and other living specimens.
5. Maintenance of cadavers.
6. Maintenance of laboratory equipment & supplies, including; cleaning, storage & inventories.
7. Maintenance of classrooms and general lab clean-up.
8. Prepare chemical solutions. Observe proper handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
9. Work 10-20 hours per week, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 am to 4:00 pm
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Complete previous coursework in Biology and/or Chemistry
2. Must be able to work well with others
3. Must be able to communicate effectively
· Some Moderate Lifting Required
· Duties are performed indoors in the usual office and/or outdoor environment.
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):