Job location: MC-Main Campus Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
Financial Aid Tech Analyst
The Financial Aid Technical Analyst is responsible for managing all technical/automated processes in the Financial Aid Office. This position is responsible for all batch processes ran in the Student Information System, currently the Ellucian Colleague system, including ISIR imports, automated packaging, and Satisfactory Academic Progress. This position is the primary office IT contact and will coordinate with IT in relation to the administration of the software systems utilized in financial aid operations. Joliet Junior College is in the process of transitioning to a new ERP, Workday, and this position will be highly involved in the financial aid module set-up, training, and maintenance of the product.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs all automated workflow processes for the Financial Aid Office within all applicable software systems, on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis as needed.
2. Coordinate with IT to ensure all software systems, including the student information system and imaging system, are set up to properly administer financial aid according to regulatory requirements. Annually, set up all functions required for financial aid operations.
3. Generate reports within software systems, assist in data collection and compilation, and handle exception reporting.
4. Responsible for the coordination and transmission of federal, state, and institutional information to all required entities and departments.
5. Serve as primary office contact for IT support for all software systems.
6. Manage the use of the imaging system within Financial Aid, including managing workflows, error queues, and re-allocation of work as needed.
7. Manage set-up and scheduling changes for the Financial Aid Office’s SARS system.
8. Monitor Financial Aid Office’s phone queue system, assuring staff coverage of incoming phone volume.
9. Assist with day-to-day operational functions of the Financial Aid Office, including, but not limited to, federal, state, and institutional financial aid application and delivery processes.
10. Test new releases of software to insure compliance regulations are met.
11. Ability to function as an effective team member and support and adapt to change.
12. Maintain a high level of confidentiality and protect student information in compliance with FERPA and HEA laws.
13. Regularly attend and participate in workshops, seminars, and professional conferences.
14. Other duties as assigned
1. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Two (2) years of financial aid experience.
3. Experience in supporting Ellucian Colleague Financial Aid ERP module.
4. Experience in creating and maintaining databases, executing search queries, and mining data.
5. Problem solving skills, excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented, a self-starter, and ability to work effectively with a diverse group of students, faculty, staff, public, and other community agencies.
6. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
1. Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science / Information Technology.
2. Experience in supporting Workday Student Financial Aid module.
3. Experience with Perceptive Content ImageNow
1. Normal office physical demands.
2. Ability to travel between campus locations and to and from community events. 3. Ability to travel in state and nationally.
1. Duties are performed indoors in the usual office environment.
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):
Support & Technical