Manager of Alumni Networking and Affinity ProgramsJob Description:
Sarah Lawrence College, seeks dynamic, highly motivated, experienced applicants for the position of Manager of Alumni Networking and Affinity Programs. The Manager of Alumni Networking and Affinity Programs is responsible for developing and executing alumni affinity and networking initiatives within the Alumni Engagement team.Essential Duties Summary:
Responsibilities: Required Qualifications:
Working closely with the Director of Alumni Relations and the Vice President for Advancement to build on the College’s networking initiative for alumni, the Manager of Alumni Networking and Affinity Programs will:
● Identify, recruit, and steward career and affinity group volunteers to engage alumni in professional development and networking programs and resource development in order to cultivate meaningful connections among alumni and between alumni and the College.
● Establish vibrant career, academic, and personal affinity groups with robust online and in-person presence.
● In conjunction with our regional chapter program, organize virtual and off-campus career networking and informational events in five major alumni chapters (New York, Washington, DC, Boston, Los Angeles, and San Francisco).
● Develop online alumni career and networking resources including managing SLC Connect, Sarah Lawrence’s online networking platform, maintaining/growing the alumni presence and engagement on LinkedIn Groups, and providing regular career and affinity content.
● Provide direct service to all inquiring and interested alumni to increase engagement and connection to the College.
● Lead efforts to maintain accurate career and industry information in Raiser’s Edge for the entire alumni community and create the infrastructure necessary to report out quickly on alumni in particular fields or industries.
● Manage smooth flow of information regarding alumni-provided internship and leadership opportunities from the Advancement department to the Office of Career Services.
● Collaborate with the Office of Career Services to organize both virtual and on-campus career networking and informational events involving alumni as presenters, mentors, and facilitators.
● Develop and implement an innovative strategy to harness the energy and expertise of alumni professionals from diverse industries and levels to help with our students’ career success.
● Assist with implementation of Career Services’ Faculty and Alumni Career Co-Operative, with special focus on identifying and engaging alumni professionals to provide industry specific career advice, career resources/information, and opportunities to current undergraduate students.
● Provide meaningful opportunities for students to connect with alumni through networking events, career panels, workshops, company visits, informational interviewing, mentoring, virtual platforms, etc.
● Substantial experience in program management, alumni relations, or career services at a college or university, or expertise directly related to the position Position Type:
● A successful track record managing volunteers and developing programming
● Experience developing and marketing webinars and other appropriate online distribution tools, including LinkedIn and other relevant social media
● Exceptional oral, written, and computer communications skills
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interactions.
● A demonstrated ability to analyze data and generate reports is required
● Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge and PeopleGrove a plus
● Travel and evening/weekend hours required
Full TimePosting Number:
S00239POpen Until Filled: