The Program Specialist is responsible for managing and executing flawless deliveries of training, educational and engagement programming for Duke University Heatlh System (DUHS) Corporate Human Resources’ Organizational and Leader Effectiveness team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Owns the end-to-end execution of program delivery to include: (75%)
- Creating and driving delivery elements of the work plan
- Logistics management of program delivery including coordinating virtual delivery platforms, finding internal meeting room space, finding and contracting hotel/conference centers when required, collecting and distributing materials required on-site, coordinating food and beverages
- Owning technology and logistic support for virtual programs
- Organizing and participating in design meetings to discuss delivery logistics and offering ideas and suggestions on logistics, materials and the use of technology for virtual experiences
- Coordinating all communications and logistics during program delivery, including meeting invitations and distributing materials to all participants
- Owning the post-program evaluation administration and summarizing data
- Observing and listening for concerns and questions during the delivery; taking action when appropriate and communicating to project team
- Collaborating with on-site client delivery person when not attending program delivery, ensuring a smooth transition
- Supports the invoicing management to include: (5%)
- Managing program delivery related contracts, and when appropriate faculty/vendor contracts
- Managing materials and venue to budget
- Documenting all program delivery expenses
- Implements programming evaluation processes (10%)
- Reviewing evaluations and preparing summary reports for the project team, faculty, and client
- Contributing insights to program debrief meetings regarding participant reaction, logistical challenges, and recommended changes to address them
- Owns knowledge management related to program delivery materials (5%)
- Maintaining program delivery documents in agreed location
- Updating documents as necessary
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required (5%)
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program with one year of experience in program administration or event production.
Two years of postsecondary education with three years of experience in program administration or event production.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize several projects simultaneously and independently
- Ability to work successfully with partners locally and remotely
- Skills evaluating program performance, summarizing findings, communicating results, and forming an action plan
- Ability to learn new technologies, processes and policies quickly
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and complete tasks in a fast-paced, highly dynamic work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as project management and delivery tools, especially Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and SmartSheet
- Communications experience with website, newsletter and presentation development
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.