Part-time Temporary Health and Public Services - Simulation TechCampus:
Carroll CampusJob Number:
As soon as possibleJob Category:
Part-time Temporary Staff PositionsApplication & Position Information Call:
Natalia Thilges at 515-964-6485 or [email protected]Salary Information:
$16.75 per hourJob Summary:
Prepare simulation laboratories and assist the instructors in the operation of the lab to facilitate the student learning process.Essential Functions:
Ensures that all supplies, equipment, media, computers and materials needed to replicate virtual healthcare are available and all equipment and simulation technology are at optimum operating levels. Required Qualifications:
• Maintains an inventory of all equipment (e.g. manikins, manikin computers/SimPads, IV pumps) allocated for the simulation lab.
• Performs basic maintenance or repairs of equipment.
• Reports any equipment problems to Nursing Simulation Coordinator.
• Performs minor repairs or coordinates the repair of lab equipment as required.
• Tracks, orders, and manages consumable lab supply inventory.
• Ensures that supply and equipment storage areas are clean and organized.
• Ensures that linens are clean and stored.
Prepares the simulated clinical settings to facilitate student learning in the simulated environment
• Prepares scenario props (e.g. simulated medications, simulated body fluids)
• Creates moulage to model physiological responses in a scenario.
• Stocks required consumable supplies ensuring an adequate amount for expected and unexpected student decision making.
• Stocks simulated medications ensuring an adequate amount for expected and unexpected student decision making.
• Prepares scenario forms (e.g. scenario faculty guides, pre-brief worksheets, observation forms, care planning forms, evaluation forms) ensuring an adequate amount for students and faculty use.
Provides technical support to facilitate student learning in the simulated environment
• Completes basic programing of simulation scenarios
• Updates simulation software to most current version as needed.
Assists faculty to facilitate simulation scenarios
• Prepares simulated clinical setting for scheduled scenarios.
• Prepares simulated patients (manikins and standardized patients) per scenario set-up instructions.
• Assists with the operation of manikin software during scenarios
• Takes-down and sets‐up simulated clinical setting as needed throughout the scheduled simulation time.
• Manage viewing and recording software
• Restores labs, pre-briefing, and debriefing rooms to pre-scenario conditions after simulations.
Performs other related duties as required.
High school diploma or equivalent. Desired Qualifications:
Ability to read and understand operating instructions.
Ability to take direction from multiple people, be organized, and multi-task.
Ability to frequently bend, reach, push and move equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Ability to interact effectively, courteously and impartially with diverse populations.
Ability to operate windows based computer programs and utilize Microsoft Office programs.
Simulation technician/sim operations specialist experience, systems integration experience and/or healthcare experience.Work Schedule:
To be determined.Posting Date:
02/18/2021Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
DMACC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer and embraces diversity. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Individuals with disabilities desiring a reasonable accommodation in the application process should notify Human Resources at 515-964-6301 or by email [email protected]Quick Link: