DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Denver Chancellor’s Office Assistant to the Chief of Staff Position # 00769195 – Requisition #22022
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Chancellor’s Office has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Assistant to the Chief of Staff.
As Colorado’s public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City. CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor’s to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown. Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state’s largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million.
Jobs in this career family provide general business operations of the organization or a combination of operational responsibilities covering multiple career families. Functions include institutional research, statistical analysis, policy development and review, strategic planning and broad unit business operations such as parking and transportation services, risk management, childcare services, real estate and property management, retail services or job responsibilities that combine fiscal, HR and operational management responsibilities.Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently. Position Emphasis:
This position is part of the Chancellor’s office at the University of Colorado Denver. The position requires professionalism, discretion and insightful judgment, attention to detail, grace under pressure, conscientiousness, resourcefulness, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize, exercise initiative, and make work flow and administrative systems more streamlined and efficient in support of executive time management. This position supports executive office operations, including the appropriate handling of confidential documents and independently makes decisions on the activities of chief of staff and other executive leaders. This position serves as a liaison on behalf of the Chief of Staff on administrative and operational issues with internal and external stakeholders including CU leaders.This position is responsible for writing correspondence and creating and refining professional-level presentations and documents, special projects, managing schedules, and assisting with other responsibilities. Supervision Received
This position reports to the Chief of Staff.Supervision Exercised
Student employees The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Develops and executes an employee engagement strategy for the 14th floor to include professional development opportunities and regular communication tools.Supports the Chief of Staff and other members of the executive team in tracking and executing initiatives of the 2030 Strategic Plan.Serves as the point of contact for emergency preparedness for the executive team, arranges for related and regular training, and monitors compliance with plans. Supervises student workers who are responsible for reception and project support for the 14th floor. Assigns and monitors work. Ensures coverage and coordinates schedules with other staff members to welcome visitors at the front desk and oversee reservations and upkeep of the 14th Floor conference rooms.Provides exceptional customer service as an early or frequent point of contact for a variety of visitors and stakeholders. Communicates clearly and positively with staff in the executive office to meet shared goals.Proactively evaluates data, verifies facts, and prepares reports.Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with faculty and staff, academic and non-academic unit heads, students, alumni, external agencies, stakeholders, and the public to ensure that established goals are met and problems are resolved.Provides back-up support for executive assistants to the Chancellor and Executive Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance, as well as other support staff for cabinet members.Supports the Events Team for CU Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus as neededActively supports the university’s commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion; supports a culture of civility and respect, and supports compliance with policies on equal opportunity, affirmative action, equity, and diversity.Salary and Benefits:
- Helps maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the Chancellor’s Chief of Staff and other cabinet members by managing projects to meet deadlines.
- Independently manages and supervises all phases of special projects assigned to the Chief of Staff and other members of the executive team. Handles directly or refers to appropriate unit follow-up on requests.
- Serves as a representative of the executive office, both internally and externally.
- Anticipates the needs of the office by independently researching and determining the appropriate information and documents needed for meetings;
- Independently makes decisions on the daily activities of the Chief of Staff and executives by determining the priorities of projects and stakeholder issues and problems.
- Assists the Chief of Staff and other members of the executive team in preparing reports and special presentations to various campus, University and external constituents.
- Curates, coordinates and manages the executive team’s task list, delegates appropriately, and follows up with key individuals on timely execution of projects.
- Coordinates with the executive leadership team and staff to complete projects and facilitate the smooth and clear transfer of information.
- Responsible for supporting executive searches in the Chancellor’s office, including:
- Orchestrates both internally-managed and externally-led leadership position searches. Arranges both virtual and in-person interviews with prospective applicants
- Develops briefing materials to effectively prepare interviewers
- Coordinates schedules and acts as the liaison among CU constituents, hiring/search firms (as needed) and applicants.
- Manages and sets visit itineraries for executive-level recruitment process for the Chancellor’s senior level executive leadership team.
- Creates, updates and executes new hire informational materials to support a smooth transition to serving as a member of the Chancellor’s team.
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $48,137 to $67,392. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
A bachelor’s degree in management, business administration, human resources or related field from an accredited college or university and 1 year of experience that included executive support, employee engagement/development and general project monitoring, reporting and management.Substitution: Four (4) years of related experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree, but not for the required experience. Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience within CU Denver with CU-specific systems (e.g., Concur, EMS).
- Five years of experience in administrative or operational roles.
- Experience working in large, complex organizations.
- Microsoft Office, Formstack and Sitefinity web editing experience.
- Prior supervisory or lead worker experience.
- Working knowledge of CU organizational culture, protocols, policies, and processes.
- Ability to create and sustain strong working relationships responsive service orientation in a professional, collaborative, service-oriented effective, and efficient manner with executive leaders, faculty, staff and students.
- Demonstrated commitment to advance equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to prepare professional and polished presentations and documents using Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint and other software as appropriate.
- Ability to communicate effectively with tact and diplomacy, accuracy, persuasion and clarity, orally and in writing, to internal and external constituents.
- Ability to establish and execute on varied priorities in a fast-paced, executive setting.
- Ability to deal effectively with employees throughout the organization, external partners to the university, the general public, and elected/appointed officials.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and successfully using reliable, professional judgment, often under tight time pressure.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with extreme discretion.
- Creative problem solver.
- Ability to succeed in fast-paced and complex academic environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities with tight deadlines.
Business ServicesPrimary Location:
Sep 22, 2021Unposting Date: