* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus Human Resources HR Professional (Open Rank) Position #744201 – Requisition # 22249
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2
Exemptions vary by campus location/department. Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:Anschutz Campus
– Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.Denver Campus
- Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.Consolidated/Central Services Administration
– Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Human Resources Operations unit in Central Human Resources has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) HR Professional position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver—one of America’s most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.Read CU Denver Quick Facts here Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here
While this position will support both the downtown campus and the medical campus, the position will be primarily located in the heart of downtown Denver—one of America’s most vibrant urban centers—CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.Jobs in this career family provide the management of human capital. Functions include providing advice and guidance to managers and employees, and performing functions including strategic planning and analysis, compliance with policies and laws, employment and compensation, job evaluation, performance and leave management, employee training/development, reward and recognition, employee relations, affirmative action, benefits, employee records/information, and payroll.Position Emphasis:
This position works closely with CU Denver and CU Anschutz schools and colleges as an HR Generalist. Job duties will include the following:
Domestic and International I-9/E-Verify coordination
This position may cross train with other Operations team members on additional job duties as outlined below. This position is responsible for training and providing guidance to HR business partners regarding Visa statuses and overall processes. Data integrity and tracking are also responsibilities of this position.
Posting faculty, PRA, 9 month temporary, and retiree jobs.Closing out and approving hires of faculty, PRA, 9 month temporary and retiree hires.On-going audits of faculty, PRA, 9 month temporary, and retiree postings.Running and conducting internal audits for I-9/E-Verify and background checks.Website updates and content management for Operations team, personnel matters reporting, 2nd level approval, university staff approvals, background checks, and data collection.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $46,000-$52,000 for entry and intermediate levels.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Caluculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Entry level - A bachelor’s degree in public administration, public policy, business, higher education administration, social sciences, behavioral sciences or a directly related field from an accredited institution.Intermediate level - A bachelor’s degree in public administration, public policy, business, higher education administration, social sciences, behavioral sciences or a directly related field from an accredited institution with at least one year of professional level human resources experience.Substitution:
A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working with PeopleSoft HR software (or equivalent) Experience processing, I-9/E-Verify and/or background checks via HireRight or similar processing system.
- Experience doing website updates
- Experience conducting, I-9/E-Verify and background audits.
- Experience working with Taleo software (or equivalent)
- Professional experience analyzing, interpreting, and cleaning data
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate a broad range of laws, rules, and regulations in order to exercise good judgment in applying them to human resource challenges.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, including public speaking.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction as well as exercise independent judgement.
- Willingness to cross train on multiple job duties
Human ResourcesPrimary Location:
Jul 27, 2021Unposting Date: