Job no: 517567
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:11150000 - RE-RESEARCH INTEGRITY
AST DIR, Research Admin
Research Integrity and Compliance
• Serve as the Deputy Research Integrity Officer, managing a complex case load independently, administering research misconduct cases pursuant to UF and federal policy.
• Identify documents for review, catalog evidence, and maintain chain of custody. Conduct review and analysis of pertinent materials, in accordance with UF and Federal regulations. Conduct analysis of source data, other evidence and interview transcripts.
• Write reports summarizing findings for Division and UF Research approval.
• Mange Research Misconduct investigations. Facilitate faculty committees, scheduling meetings, preparing materials and ensuring the committee members have all required information for their review.
• Draft and assist with implementing policies and processes related to research misconduct and responsible conduct of research; and
• Provide outreach and education to faculty, staff, and students in the ethical conduct of research.
• In the Research Integrity Officer’s (RIO) absence, serve as the UF RIO.
International Engagements and Collaborations
• Draft and implement policies and procedures that will support faculty and staff in the development, management, and oversight of international collaborations and engagements;
• Review and assess international outside activities and agreement for compliance with University, state and federal requirements;
•Assist with international collaboration planning, vetting, risk assessment, and management;
• Collaborate with principal investigators (PIs), the Division of Sponsored Programs, Contracts and Grants Accounting, the Office of General Counsel, Finance and Accounting, colleges and departments, and other key stakeholders to identify and resolve unique issues that may impact budget planning, fiscal compliance, non-programmatic sponsor requirements, human resource and staffing needs, and other in-country operational requirements for international sponsored research projects; and
•Provide outreach and education to faculty and staff on proper planning for and management of complex international sponsored research projects.
Communicate with faculty and staff investigators, research support staff, and faculty administrators (including department chairs and college/school deans) regarding the University's Compliance programs. Compose clear, precise, detailed letters, memos, reports, and training materials. Use professional interpersonal and communication skills effectively to gain understanding and resolve problems. Answer questions and problem solve for faculty and staff investigators, department chairs, research coordinators, and students.
Special Projects and Other Duties
•Lead or assist with special projects and serve on various UF work groups;
•Participate in the tracking and compilation of data required for internal and external analysis and reporting;
•Maintain familiarity with internal and external research compliance developments, laws, regulations, and policies;
•Participate in relevant national research compliance associations.
Commensurate with education and experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience.
Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication (oral and written) skills.
Ability to understand and interpret complex regulatory requirements and apply them in an academic setting.
Familiarity with compliance, auditing, and general investigatory procedures.
Program management and supervisory experience.
JD or other advanced degree preferred.
Three years of experience in position so increasing responsibility or a equivalent combination of experience and education. Experience, including administrative and research responsibilities, preferably in higher education. Experience interacting with scientists and administrators.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, applicants must provide a cover letter, resume, and a list of professional references.
A criminal background check is required.
This is not a remote work position, and it is located on the University of Florida main campus in Gainesville, FL.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 15 Sep 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 29 Sep 2021 Eastern Daylight Time