Football Video Operations AssistantPosition Number:
980187Vacancy Open to:
All Candidates Time-Limited:
13601 Brdcst and Emerging MediCompetency Level:
1 - ContributingWorking Title:
Football Video Operations AssistantNumber of Vacancies:
1Full Time Equivalent (FTE):
1.0Full Time or Part Time:
Full TimeRecruitment Range:
$31,200 - $45,210Anticipated Hiring Range:
$31,200 - $40,370Salary Grade Equivalency:
M-F, weekends as neededWork Hours:
8-5pm, extended hours as neededPosition Location (City):
Staff - ProfessionalOrganizational Unit Overview:
The Athletics Department’s mission is to represent East Carolina University with distinction and create a challenging and supportive environment for student-athletes to excel in the classroom, in competition, and in life. We are committed to the highest standards of character, honesty, effort, and sportsmanship; respecting all people, their personal identities, differences, and beliefs; and providing a safe and equitable environment for student-athletes academic, athletic and personal development. The highly visible athletics program is committed to NCAA compliance, comprehensive excellence and to be trustworthy stewards of the aspirations of our student-athletes, the resources we manage, the reputation of our University, and our mission of service.Job Duties :
Reporting to the Director of Football Video Operations, Director of Football Operations and Director of Football Administration, the individual in this position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties: Minimum Education/Experience:
- Assist in the videotaping of all practices and home/away football games and additional football-related events.
- Provide assistance in the video needs for game analysis, scouting, and instructional training purposes.
- Assist in editing and breakdown of practice and game videos to coaching staff specifications (i.e. separation of offense and defense possessions, assigning data to each play, etc.)
- Fully utilize capabilities of XOS/Catapult along with other application software to produce video needs.
- Ensure that all video equipment is properly maintained, repaired, and functioning.
- Assist in transporting, and setting up properly, equipment for practice and game day needs, including properly running cables and ensuring the safety of the public and student-athletes during game day and practice sessions.
- Assist in visualizing, interpreting, and scripting to produce highlight/recruiting videos using innovative production and graphic techniques.
- Assist in the organizing of non-conference and conference film exchange in accordance with applicable guidelines.
- Assist in the training, hiring, mentoring, and scheduling of student assistants.
- Build quality relationships and work collaboratively and professionally with Athletics, Pirate Club, and University staff, students, and all constituencies and stakeholders.
- Abide by all policies and procedures of ECU, the Department of Athletics, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and all applicable conferences or associations.
- Must work closely with the head football coach and the football staff including, travel with the team, and attending all football-related events.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Director of Football Video Operations, Head Football Coach, Director of Football Administration, Director of Player Personnel and Recruiting, and Director of Football Operations.
- Nights, weekends, holidays, extended hours, and travel are required in the performance of duties.
High school diploma or equivalency and one year of experience related to the area of assignment in a broadcast television, radio and emerging media environment; or equivalent combination of training and experience.License or Certification required by statute or regulation:
n/aPreferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
License or Certification required by the Department:
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience with XOS/Catapult video software and equipment.
- Technical knowledge and skill in the use of video technology and equipment including digital editing, production and post-production editing, graphics, and photo software.
- Understanding of the sport of football and football terminology in order to videotape and edit correct footage and game situations.
n/aSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Job Open Date:
A complete application should include a cover letter addressing qualifications for the position, a resume, and contact information for three current references.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
East Carolina University seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff, and administration. In order to promote the university’s diversity goal, the Athletics Department encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups.
* Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience, and education are listed on your application. Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
* If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities, and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
* Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
* Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
07/27/2021Job Close Date - Positions will be posted until 11:59 p.m. EST on this date; If no closing date is indicated, the position will be posted until filled and may close at any time after the recruitment has been completed. :
08/03/2021Open Until Filled:
NoQuick Link for Direct Access to Posting:
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.AA/EOE:
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. We encourage qualified applicants from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a disability, and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, color, genetic information, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.Eligibility for Employment:
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) should contact the Department of Human Resources at (252) 737-1018 (Voice/TTY) or [email protected].
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. If highest degree earned is from an institution outside of the U.S. and its territories, final candidates are required to have their degree validated as equivalent to the degree conferred by a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.Office of Human Resources Contact Information:
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (252) 328-9847 or toll free at 1-866-489-1740 or send an email to [email protected] Our office is available to provide assistance Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 EST.