Job location: Maryland - Montgomery County - Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus - Germantown Campus Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
R2835 Job Title
Part-time Faculty Engineering InstructorJob Description Summary
The Montgomery College Department of Engineering, Physical, and Computer Sciences is currently accepting applications for openings as a part-time faculty member teaching Engineering Courses. This position can teach at any of our three campuses – Germantown, Rockville, or Takoma Park/Silver Spring. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.Job Description
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
- During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour) per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
- During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Teach engineering courses, and specifically introduction to engineering design courses with CREO experience.
- Conduct assigned classes in accordance with the catalog description, the course syllabi, and the stipulations of the College.
- Be available for student consultation.
- Participate, when possible, in departmental meetings.
- Hold every scheduled class, including the final examination, the full scheduled number of minutes during the scheduled time in the scheduled location.
- Maintain standards of teaching consistent with the standards of the department and the College.
- Submit a copy of the syllabi, along with the course materials, to the department.
- Submit midterm and final grades on time.
- Return final exams to the department.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or a related field or discipline.
- Strong communication skills.
- Successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an educational and work environment and must be willing to contribute to the Colleges strategic plan of inclusion.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college campus)*. Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty communications tools. *If you do not have access to a personal computer, please notify the department chair at the time of interview. Subject to available funds, the college may be able to provide temporary access to resources.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Minimum of one semester of teaching experience (Graduate school teaching assistance is acceptable).
- Demonstrated excellence in classroom instruction using a variety of teaching methods.
- Use of technology in instruction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated currency in the discipline.
- Experience in working with students of culturally diverse backgrounds and/or underprepared students.
- Understanding of and commitment to the community college mission.
- Experience in distance delivery and other instructional methods.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free environment
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Closing DateTuesday, November 2, 2021