Assistant Dean for Curricular and Academic Advising
Georgetown University in Qatar (GU-Q) is dedicated to fulfilling Georgetown University's mission of promoting intellectual, ethical and spiritual understanding through serious and sustained discourse among people of different faiths, cultures, and beliefs. Embodying this spirit of the University, Georgetown's Qatar campus undertakes education, research, and service in order to advance knowledge and provide students and the community with a holistic educational experience that produces global citizens committed to the service of humankind. We demonstrate the values of Georgetown University; seek to build upon the world-class reputation of the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service; and work with our partner, Qatar Foundation, in its endeavors to achieve the Qatar National Vision 2030.Requirements
Georgetown University in Qatar seeks an Assistant Dean for Curricular and Academic Advising. This position reports to the Senior Associate Dean for Students and is responsible for advising and curricular support to ensure delivery of the Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service (BSFS) program.Responsibilities
- Advise students on all academic matters related to the BSFS program including, but not limited to, course selection, major selection, language proficiency, transfer credits, graduation requirements, academic standards, academic integrity, study abroad, and academic internships
- Advise faculty on academic policies and procedures
- Work with other members of the Student Development team to oversee the BSFS degree program at SFS-Q in line with the vision and mission of Georgetown University and the Qatar Foundation
- Work with other relevant departments (Academic Affairs, Academic Resources, and Student Development) to ensure BSFS curriculum and programs meet the academic needs of SFS-Q students
- Work with colleagues in the BSFS program on the DC campus to ensure consistency of advising standards and processes.
- Provide academic counselling/guidance to SFS-Q students
- Participate in the activities of the academic standards committee, honor council, and the joint committee on students
- Enforce school and university academic policies and procedures
- Serve as curricular dean for at least one major
- Work with Senior Associate Dean for Students to ensure that the SFS-Q curriculum meets the same academic standards as that of GU's Main Campus
- Work with the Director of Student Life to create and deliver a robust experiential learning environment
- Manage assigned projects and processes as determined by the Senior Associate Dean for Students
- Teach courses as necessary and appropriate
- M.A. or M.S. in the humanities, social sciences, or related field. Ph.D. preferred
- Knowledge of undergraduate academic advising, university teaching, and academic administration
- 5+ years of experience in working with university level students
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Experience working with Banner
- Fluency in English language
- Arabic language knowledge preferred
The review of applications will begin on August 5 and continue until the position is filled.
Qatar offers a diverse, safe, and family-friendly environment. Compensation and expatriate benefits packages are highly competitive. For a glimpse of what it is like to be a part of Georgetown University in Qatar, see: https://youtu.be/HNoERrWln4k
.Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University in Qatar, you must submit a cover letter and resume/CV for each position of interest. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
Need some assistance with the application process? Contact us at [email protected]
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu
or view the online interactive benefits guide
for more information.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2404379
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency