Student Accounts Coordinator Location:
Tifton, GA Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Student Accounts Coordinator
HIRE DATE: 8/15/2021
This position is responsible for accounting work involving responsibility for the assessment of housing and meal plan charges, meal plan changes, student access cards and all other duties related. Duties require in-depth knowledge of University accounting practices and principles with strong customer service skills. Responsible for providing a high level of customer service to students regarding all aspects of their account, including problem research and resolution. Work involves professional accounting activities, including reconciliation of accounts and routine collection activities under the direction of the supervisor.
POSITION SUMMARYThis position is responsible for assisting in all aspects of the student accounts functions while supporting the education mission of the college.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responds independently to students and parents to resolve issues concerning their student accounts. Discerns when to turn over higher-level concerns to the supervisor.Serves as liaison for students concerning access cards.
- Manages all housing and meal plan assessments and communicates with students about the effects to their account.
- Maintains effective collaborative working relationships with related organizations across campus which impact office operations, (Housing, Dining, Registrar, Financial Aid, Admissions, College Deans, etc)
- Performs other essential duties that are tasks specific to the position and other duties as assigned.
- Assist in general cashing duties when needed.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Associate Degree is a business-related field preferred or 5 years work experience in related field.
- Knowledge of Board of Regents business policies.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) guidelines.Proficient in Microsoft Excel.Detailed knowledge of the Banner Student Accounts receivable module is preferred.
- Knowledge of TouchNet electronic bill payment suite is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to provide high quality customer service are required.
- Ability to make decisions regarding development of timelines for semester calendars for assessment of charges that comply with BOR policy and Federal guidelines.
- Ability to meet and serve students, staff and faculty tactfully and effectively, and maintain effective working relations with other employees.