The University of Denver, a private university, is the oldest independent university in the Rocky Mountain region, with approximately 11,800 students in undergraduate and graduate programs. DU is classified as a Doctoral/Research University with high research activity. The Daniels College is the eighth oldest collegiate business program in the U.S. and has held AACSB accreditation since 1923. The College offers both undergraduate and masters degree programs. Current enrollment in Daniels includes more than 1,500 undergraduate and 900 graduate students.
The Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver (DU) invites applications for two non-tenure track Teaching Assistant Professor positions in the Department of Marketing starting September 1, 2021. Marketing is an academic unit of the Daniels College. The Department of Marketing at Daniels College of Business brings together traditional and innovative marketing approaches within the framework of marketing expertise, experiential learning, local connections, and global action. Building on this legacy of innovation, the Department of Marketing offers rigorous academic instruction with market relevance. The Department currently has nineteen full-time faculty members (http://daniels.du.edu/faculty-research/marketing) and is well-positioned to be a leader in our discipline. Our Department offers both undergraduate (BS) and graduate degrees (MS, MBA, and graduate certificate programs) and is one of the most popular majors/specializations in the college.
The Marketing Department at the University of Denver (DU) is firmly committed to building a diverse and inclusive educational environment, which is in full accord with the value that DU places on Inclusive Excellence. DU strives to contribute to the healing and systemic change required to increase diversity on our campus and in our community. Candidates must demonstrate the ability and commitment to integrate content and issues relating to, and to work effectively with diverse populations. Class sizes in marketing typically range from 15 to 35.
- Master's degree in business or a business sub-discipline, such as marketing. Alternatively, a master's degree in a related field, such as communication, digital media studies, psychology, or sociology OR Bachelor's degree in relevant field with 7 years of marketing experience.
- Demonstrated potential for teaching excellence in the areas of marketing and related topics.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
- An advanced degree in business or in a business-related field.
- Previous experience or demonstrated ability to teaching in-person, online, and/or in hybrid courses.
- Commitment to keeping up-to-date with innovative technologies.
- Experience with instructional technology such as Canvas, Respondus, Blackboard.
- Demonstrated technical skills for a variety of digital, marketing-related platforms (such as Google Analytics, HTML/CSS, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop, WordPress, Salesforce).
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by August 10, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is UC.
The salary range for this position is $60,000 - $70,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.