Search #: 495454JOB SUMMARY
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Athletics (Coaches, Trainers, Specialists)
This position orders, receives, inventories, outfits/equips, and maintains associated apparel and equipment used in the football Equipment Room. Assists in the coordination and execution of all practice, training, and competition responsibilities related to equipment. Assists in the supervision of student managers, interns, the equipment transportation company, and game-day communications technicians.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the inventory and distribution of football equipment and apparel to the players, coaches, and staff.
- Ensures that all equipment is properly maintained and repaired or replaced as needed.
- Helps ensure that all laundry schedules are maintained.
- Assists with the logistics of transporting our football equipment to and from home and away games.
- Follows all compliance guidelines regarding equipment that has been set forth by the NCAA.
- Coordinates, supervises, and manages schedules for student workers, interns, and other staff or external vendors.
- Ensures that all equipment and apparel needs of the players and coaching staff are addressed during practices and games.
- Properly fits all protective equipment, apparel, and shoes for the student-athletes to provide maximum protection and comfort.
- Confirms all protective equipment used passes NOCSAE (National Operating Committee for the Standards of Athletic Equipment) Reconditioning, and Recertification standards.
- Assists in the procurement of apparel and equipment.
- Assists the Director of Football Equipment to ensure that all student-athletes, coaches, and staff are adhering to the Nike wear guidelines.
- Collaborate with Sports Medicine/Training Room and Sports Performance staff on any special equipment needs that may arise.
- Performs related responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two years of related student experience and one year of post-graduate experience at the Division I level or higher
- AEMA (Athletic Equipment Manager Association) certification or certification within one year from the date of hire
- Knowledge of all types of athletic equipment and its proper use
- Knowledge of OSHA standards for blood-borne pathogens
- Supervisory experience
- Basic computer application knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, teamwork, and collaboration skills
- Independent worker and self-starter
- Ability to work flexible and irregular hours including weekends and some travel required
- Master’s Degree
- Three years of student experience; one year of post-graduate experience at the Division I level or higher
- Knowledge base working with computerized inventory system
This is a full-time position. The University offers a full range of benefits, which can be found at https://hr.uconn.edu/employee-benefits-overview/. Salary will be commensurate with experience.TO APPLY
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs
, Staff Positions, Search #495454 to upload a resume, cover letter,
and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on August 11, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Jul 28 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Aug 11 2021 Eastern Daylight Time