Description of PositionStage Hand
Load and unload trucks. Carry and roll heavy items related to theater shows. Listen and take instructions or various tasks including set up of lighting, rigging, and sound systems.
Provide technical support for productions and coordinate the set up of lighting and sound equipment and operate the equipment during shows, productions, which includes providing maintenance and repairs. Under general direction, performs technical work that involves the installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of stage equipment for a variety of theatrical, stage events, and conferences. Load and unload trucks.Minimum Expectations & Requirements
Stage Hand/Stage Technician:
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repetitively
- Ability to work unusual hours (early morning load-ins, late-night load-outs)
- Customer service experience working with the public, students, faculty, and staff
- Ability to perform repetitious tasks safely, with attention to detail
- Honesty, integrity, and dependability a must- Must be able to work in all conditions safely
- Same as above
- Advanced knowledge in one or more of the following: theatrical lighting, stagecraft, wardrobe, rigging, sound, and video systems
- Two or more years experience in any theatrical or technical areas expressed above
- Able to operate the digital or computerized system
- Able to learn new technology
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- High school diploma or GED required
- Basic knowledge of theater
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, supervisors, and managers in person
- Work experience in a community college/higher education environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements and competencies listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb ladders and work at heights exceeding 50'. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to excessive. Employees will frequently be exposed to repetitive, pulsing low frequencies for extended periods of time. Employees will frequently be exposed to flashing lights followed by sudden darkness.