Description of Position
Under the guidance and direction of the instructors, the lab assistant assists in supporting the functional and educational purposes of the program. Keeps the studio clean, safe, and orderly for the instructors, students, and other lab assistants.
- Assist in overseeing the condition of all equipment
- Oversee open lab times and assist students as appropriate to their current instruction
- Keep Inventory materials
- Receive and distribute deliveries of various materials
- Other related duties as assignedMinimum Expectations & Requirements
- Experience in the art/lab area specified
- Ability to work with college students, assisting the instructor
- Knowledge of the variety of tools and equipment necessary in the art/lab area specified
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Previous work experience in college art lab setting.
- Work experience in a community college/higher education work environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements and competencies listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regular attendance as scheduled is an essential job function as it demonstrates dependability towards the performance of job duties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.