Job DescriptionThe University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), Center for Vaccine Development and Global Health (CVD)
brings together more than four decades of innovative and life-saving research on vaccines and infectious diseases. http://www.medschool.umaryland.edu/cvd/
. As an organized research center within the University of Maryland School of Medicine (UMSOM), CVD comprises a multi-disciplinary team of faculty and staff whose primary mission is to develop, evaluate, and implement vaccines and other interventions to reduce illness and mortality domestically and in less developed countries. We work to prevent and treat enteric and respiratory diseases, to reduce the threat of malaria and antimicrobial resistance, and to identify, understand and combat other tropic and emerging pathogens burdening low resource settings. Training is a critical component of our work to ensure the foundation for the next generation of scientists and researchers committed to our mission.
The CVD is seeking a Program Management Specialist
to join our clinical research team. Under supervision of the Clinical Research Manager, the Program Management Specialist plans, coordinates, and oversees a variety of routine professional and administrative activities related to the efficient day-to-day operation of a busy clinical research department. These include but are not limited to preparing study budgets, paying invoices, managing clinical supply inventory, management of office and clinical equipment maintenance schedule, management of Working Funds requests, administrative support to the Clinical Manager and Study Coordinators, management of the study participant schedule, supervise general daily clinic activities and overall management and oversight of clinical database entry on several data management platforms. Benefits Information:
UMB offers a generous benefits package, which includes with 11 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources. Primary Duties:
- Assists in the management of assigned program or supervision of an operational unit. Assists in the planning and implementation of new or revised programs, procedures, practices and organization.
- Assists in or conducts studies and analyses of programs, organizations, procedures, or systems of limited scope or assists senior specialists in more complex projects.
- Collects, compiles, and organizes data pertinent to various ongoing studies. Analyzes, summarizes, and communicates this information to appropriate officials.
- Assists in the preparation of final reports, recommendations, and other information resources for the improvement of the organizational element or its programs.
- Assists in planning and coordinating administrative activities of a program, such as assisting in the formulation and preparation of the organization’s budgets, grant proposals, and project proposals.
- Consults with program head and administrative officials regarding policies, trends, and interpretation of data and program needs following specific instructions.
- Conducts basic efficiency, time and cost studies and analyses of work processes and systems. Prepares simple statistical tables and charts, staffing patterns, work flow and organization charts.
- Establishes effective communication channels and acts as liaison between the program and officials within and outside the institution.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree. Experience:
Two (2) years of experience in administrative staff work. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Elementary knowledge of reference and research methods and techniques used in collecting, compiling, and organizing data and information; of basic methods and techniques used in organizing and conducting studies and analyses or programs, procedures, and organizations; of basic analytical and statistical principles and techniques. Skill in the use of office automation software and its application; in operating manual and automated office equipment. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; to present ideas and information clearly and concisely both orally and in writing; to perform mathematical computations; to present statistical material in chart and graph form. OTHER:
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience. Based on the duties of this position, selected candidates are eligible to participate in the Bargaining Unit (Union). Salary Range:
$40,487 - $43,902.44
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact [email protected]
. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. Job:
Reg or CII Non-Exempt StaffShift:
School of Medicine - Centers/Programs/ORCsJob Posting:
Sep 17, 2021Unposting Date:
Oct 1, 2021, 10:59:00 PM