Assistant Coach Baseball Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Georgia Gwinnett College seeks an Assistant Baseball Coach to provide development, leadership and supervision of a comprehensive and competitive varsity baseball program.
- Work with Head Baseball Coach to coordinate the implementation of the College's baseball program as the Pitching Coach.
- Comply with institutional, conference and association rules and regulations.
- Coordinate and recruit prospective student-athletes through personal visits, telephone conversations, and mail solicitations.
- Plan, develop, and run organized pitching practice sessions.
- Assist with the development, planning, and administering of athletics camps to promote GGC and the athletics program.
- Monitor student athletes' academic progress and implement strategies to ensure academic and athletic success.
- Ensure the baseball program will be an integral part of the Integrated Educational Experience where learning takes place continuously, in and beyond the traditional classroom.
- Reinforce the GGC culture by demonstrating sportsmanship, integrity, a competitive spirit, and the importance of academics.
- Ensure academic success of baseball student athletes; student athletes' retention and graduation rates and GPA should be comparable to those of all GGC students.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4 year/ Bachelor's Degree
- General knowledge of intercollegiate athletics at NAIA or NCAA level
- Experience with fundraising
- Proven record of success both on and off the field
- Excellent fiscal, communication, and interpersonal skills
Conditions of Employment
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]