How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health
our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.The Faculty Development Trainer will be responsible for training primarily faculty members in various aspects of teaching. This will occur in either the inpatient or outpatient setting depending on the needs of the School of Medicine. Under the supervision of the Assistant Dean of Student, Resident and Faculty Development, the incumbent will assist in implement teaching programs. Training programs will be developed/implemented for both Phase 1 (pre-clerkship) Phase 2 (clerkship) faculty members, Phase 3 (advanced study). Travel to off-site locations will be a key part of the individualized training and development program along with large workshops and webinars.Join us for a virtual tour of the School of Medicine!
A day in the life of a Faculty Development Trainer at the School of Medicine can be described as follows:
- Schedule and conduct site visits to ambulatory practices and/or inpatient settings for site evaluation and training and development for faculty and residents
- Implement faculty development programs with oversight of all program logistics including scheduling, reserve space, arranging AV services, ordering food and supplies and coordinating registration for programs.
- Assess faculty needs for training development and guidance
- Assist in the creation of the Interprofessional Educational Program (IPE)
- Assist in the upkeep of the faculty development web tools and presence (flyers, digital communication, and webinar maintenance).
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in higher Education or related fields such as health education.
- Experience teaching in small group settings and public speaking in large group settings.
- Demonstrated leadership in assessment, design and development of training and development programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (e.g., with students, faculty, etc.) with the ability to develop trusting mentoring relationships.
- Well-developed ability to provide feedback, both formative and summative, for all level of learners.
- Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, and proficiency of current software including Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Ability to utilize technology for webinars, YouTube, Audience Response etc.
- Ability to help develop course faculty development guides.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Master's degree.
- 1 year of full-time faculty development experience in a medical school or academic medical center/hospital setting.
- Experience working in an inter-professional educational (IPE) setting.
- Experience in training and development in an ambulatory or inpatient clinical setting for learners at different levels
- Faculty development experience in programs that cut across medical education in UGME, GME and CME, as well as a wide range of academic medical fields.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.