27-Jul-2021 to Until Filled (EST) Fort Valley, GA, USA ContractEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for the position of tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor of Supply Chain/Logistics Management in the College of Arts and Sciences -Department of Business Administration.
FVSU, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area. The Department of Business Administration and Economics offers a broad-based liberal arts curriculum that balances theory, research, professional practice and critical inquiry, and prepares students to become innovative, professional, and ethical communicators ready to thrive in a rapidly evolving field and industry. Information about the department can be found at www.fvsu.edu/businessadministration.
The successful candidate for this position will teach courses in the area of economics, and other business courses as needed, engage in scholarly activity, and offer service to the department, college, university, and community.
- Teach courses on campus and online in discipline and related field; Develop needed and appropriate coursework;
- Aid in the recruitment and retention of students;
- Provide academic advising to students;
- Mentor students interested in Supply Chain/Logistics Management;
- Exhibit a strong commitment to scholarship, research and strengthening the programs in the department;
- Supervise and conduct related research;
- Serve on departmental, college and university level committees;
- Participate in community service and outreach programs of the institution;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and other programs, departments and/or colleges; and
- Other duties as needed.
- One year teaching experience at the university level.
- Ability to meet Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) requirements.
- Ability to use technology effectively in teaching and learning.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Experience with learning management systems.
- Record of publications in peer reviewed journals.
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness.
- Related industry/business experience.
- Strong understanding of learning and motivation.
- Demonstrated skills in the assessment, advising and mentoring of learners.
- Proven ability to deal effectively with individual differences in ability, personality, and interests.
This position starts August 1, 2021. For full consideration, all required documents must be submitted. The reviewing and interviewing of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The application packet must include the following:
A letter of interest that addresses the responsibilities and qualifications of the position;
Current curriculum vitae;
At least five references with full contact information including emails. (References will not be contacted
without consent from applicants).
Additional information will be requested upon receipt of application.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact FVSU's Office of Human Resources at
[email protected] or (478)825-6301.
Fort Valley State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate against applicants, students or employees on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or marital or veteran status.
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com