Video Coordinator - Men's BasketballAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with ExperienceWork Schedule:
Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 5:00pm with nights, weekend and holidays to be expected, Schedule may varyJob Location:
Athletics - Men's BasketballAbout the Department:
The mission of the NC State University Department of Athletics is to prepare student-athletes to compete at the highest level and to inspire them to be leaders now and for the future by providing the best environment to achieve their athletic, academic, and personal aspirations as well as providing support for the professional development of our coaches and staff, all within the role of the greater institutional relationships to the University. This position will work within the Multi Media Department but will be housed and work directly with the NC State Men’s Basketball program is a Division 1A program within the Atlantic Coast Conference.Essential Job Duties:
The Video Coordinator for Men’s Basketball will assist the men’s basketball coaching staff, Director of Scouting/Quality Control and the Assistant Athletic Director for Video and Broadcast Services in meeting the video, production, and multimedia needs of an NCAA Division I men’s basketball program. Specific responsibilities in this regard include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for game day video acquisition, practice video, self-scout, and opponent breakdown of games. Use game analysis and scouting software to provide cut-ups and scouting reports to the coaches;
- Evaluate film and develop scouting reports;
- Produce highlight tapes and other multimedia content for men’s basketball and other sports as assigned using innovative production and graphic techniques;
- Produce video, website, and multimedia content for use in recruiting by coaching staff, as permitted by NCAA rules;
- Assist with game day productions for men’s basketball;
- Assist with special event production as assigned;
- Responsible for training and counseling of part-time video assistants, graduate assistants, student managers and others as assigned; and
- Follow all departmental safety protocols at all times; carry heavy equipment at times and make certain that equipment is set up properly for practices, game days, and other events; all cameras, cabling and other equipment must be checked for safety of student-athletes, staff, and patrons.
Other duties as assigned by Administration and Coaches.Minimum Experience/Education:
High School Diploma or equivalency and one year of experience related to the area of assignment in a Broadcast Television, Radio and Emergingmedia Environment; or equivalent combination of training and experience.Other Required Qualifications:
- Proficiency with Sportscode software.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google product suites.
- Experience in a collegiate basketball program, athletic department, athletic conference office or similar environment required.
- Must be familiar with basketball rules and strategies with the ability to recognize nuances and tendencies; familiarity with NCAA rules and regulations.
- Candidates must possess excellent communication skills; strong organizational skills; strong interpersonal skills; be able to work independently and as a team player; demonstrate creativity within a structured environment; be able to work non-traditional hours; and be current and efficient with all forms of social media.
- Must be familiar with basketball terminology, offensive and defensive schemes, how to best exploit the offensive and defensive strategies of opponents and other aspects of basketball game planning.
Required License or Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree and two or more years experience in a collegiate basketball program, athletic department, athletic conference office or similar environment.
- Experience at a Division I-A institution working with collegiate basketball programs preferred.
- Prior experience with or a high level of knowledge of the workings, operations, and coaching associated with a high-level Division I intercollegiate men’s basketball program are highly preferred, as this position will be expected to have a strong working relationship with all members of the men’s basketball coaching staff, frequently participate in staff meetings and strategy sessions, and be a representative of the men’s basketball program on frequent occasions.
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoJob Open Date:
07/26/2021Earliest Close Date---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.):
Required documents to upload: Resume, Contact information for three references.Position Number:
SHRAPosition Classification Band Title:
Broadcast And Emerging Media SpecialistPosition Classification Band Level:
AdvancedPosition Classification Salary Range:
$31,200 - $64,426Salary Grade Equivalency:
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventTime Limited Position:
NoIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
101011 - Men's Basketball AA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.