DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusDepartment of Family MedicineAdvanced Practice ProviderSenior Instructor
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2
Exemptions vary by campus location/department.Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:
- Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
- Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
- Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Mission, Vision and Values
The mission of the Anschutz Medical Campus (AMC) is to be a diverse teaching and learning community that creates, discovers, and applies knowledge to improve the health and well-being of Colorado and the world. Anschutz Medical Campus is focused on educating upcoming medical professionals, conducting groundbreaking research, practicing innovative approaches to health care delivery and providing excellent direct patient care at two hospitals. Located on AMC, the School of Medicine hosts a globally recognized array of departments, institutes and centers dedicated to educating the next generation of medical professionals. Among these is the Department of Family Medicine (DFM)
which is dedicated to “helping people be healthier" by educating, nurturing, fostering, and enhancing those in the field of family medicine and the communities we live in and serve. The Department of Family Medicine has five (5) focus areas, each with specific goals:
- Patient Care – Providing outstanding care to patients;
- Education – Training the family medicine and primary care workforce;
- Research – Creating and disseminating new knowledge;
- Communities - Connecting with our communities to achieve health equity; and
- Diversity & Health Equity - To build and foster a diverse and inclusive team that reflects the communities we serve.
Within an ambulatory clinic practice setting, in the context of a clinical care team and a Patient Centered Medical Home practice, provide full spectrum ambulatory care including, but not limited to, chronic disease management, acute and “urgent” care, and wellness and preventative care for adult and pediatric patients. The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) evaluates, assesses, diagnoses, prescribes and educates patients regarding their particular illness or chronic disease. The position provides high quality primary care to all patients, evaluate and treat acute and chronic problems for the patient population, complete histories, thorough assessments and physical examinations on all patients with accurate and complete documentation reflected in medical records and collaborates and communicates with other departments and colleagues, such as the pharmacy to ensure optimal patient care.POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIESFull Time Clinical Position
= .75 - 1.00 cFTE: 24 - 32 clinical contact hours/week and 6-8 hours/week dedicated to completion of medical records, laboratory result management, and communication with patients. Clinical time includes responsibilities in patient care, clinic functioning and student precepting. Clinical Care
- Provide quality, accessible, cost-effective primary care for patients served by Rose Family Medicine and other DFM sites as designated. Provide direct patient care for acute care patients who require/request same-day appointments. Maintain a small continuity panel of patients.
- Collaborate as appropriate with medical staff in the care of complex patients.
- Interact with other health professionals to create guidelines and coordinate patient care.
- Collaborate with other team members in chronic disease management and patient care management.
- Participate in phone call system for after-hours issues.
- Provide quality care for other populations as assigned.
- Support and collaborate with medical, nursing and office staff.
- Provide teaching experiences for students (medical, nursing, pharmacy, physician assistant, nurse practitioner) as requested. Participate in the education and training of residents as requested and appropriate for clinical site.
- Assist in the coordination of patient health education/self-management support.
- Provide input into staff and interdisciplinary education as needed.
- Disseminate information to health care professionals about health care issues.
- Participate in clinical research and other scholarly activities appropriate to the academic rank.
- Participate in ongoing QI/UR evaluation.
- Initiate relevant research and disseminate ongoing research information relevant to clinical/education environments as time and resources allow.
- Participate in clinic quality improvement teams
- Serve in leadership role within the clinic or pod as designated by the medical director
- Participate in ongoing and new quality improvement projects within the clinic and in other settings as assigned.
- Participate in clinic and provider meetings.
The Family Medicine APP reports to the Medical Director of the Practice.Supervision Exercised
The Family Medicine APP may provide guidance to nurses, MAs and other clinic staff. Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at the following plus the possibility of incentives based on clinical FTE.: $92,547 - $136,875/yearThe salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
.University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensationDiversity and Equity:
Please contact [email protected]
for information on disability accommodationsOffice of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Masters/Doctor of Nursing practice degree or graduation from an NCCPA-approved physician assistant program.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the State of Colorado.
- Completion of required 1,000 hours (provisional prescription authority/mentorship) or other minimum as defined by State of Colorado in order to obtain full prescriptive authority and DEA registration.
- Medicare/Medicaid credentials.
- National certification by ANCC or AANP as family nurse practitioner.
- Knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served; the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the office’s policies and procedures.
- Minimum 3+ years (full time) of FNP experience working in a Patient Centered Medical Home/Ambulatory Family Medicine practice preferred and comfortable charting in Epic.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (all positions)
- Experience and enthusiasm for teaching students and/or residents and working in a residency-based clinic.
- Experience in working in an interprofessional, integrated practice/patient-centered medical home (PCMH) environment.
- Experience or interest in education and research and faculty development.
- Experience with providing Telehealth/virtual visits
- Licensed MAT provider
- Experience or interest in LGBTQ+ patient care
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clinic and Department of Family Medicine faculty and staff.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple tasks and maintain a well-organized work environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Capacity for flexibility and adaptability in different work situations.
- Ability to work well with diverse populations.
- Experience training and developing staff.
- Ability to meet clinic-specific competencies and expectations.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion
- Ability to prioritize and respond to emergencies in a calm manner.
- Ability to verbalize information/directions clearly and concisely.
- Ability to administer patient medications properly.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Proficient in patient documentation and charting in an electronic medical records system; preferably Epic.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to analyze, prioritize, and resolve patient and office problems.
- Ability to participate effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to simultaneously perform multiple tasks.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Job Category:
Jul 26, 2021Unposting Date: