DescriptionUniversity of Colorado Denver
Office of Strategic Enrollment and Student Success/Senior Vice Chancellor
Position #754574 – Requisition 22241* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Office of Strategic Enrollment and Student Success/Senior Vice Chancellor has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Executive Assistant position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver—one of America’s most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.As Colorado’s only public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver educates more than 15,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and with easy access to the state’s cultural, business and civic hub, our students benefit from immersive classroom and real-world experiences, supplemented by unparalleled internship and networking opportunities. As the most diverse research university in Colorado, our campus attracts top students and offers over more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges, as well as more than 30 online degree programs. Home to over 40 research centers and institutes, CU Denver receives more than $25 million in sponsored research awards annually, allowing us to generate knowledge and create solutions to society’s most complex problems. Nature of Work
Provide administrative and technical support to the Senior Vice Chancellor. Coordinate day-to-day activities of the Office of Strategic Enrollment and Student Success, handling a broad range of inquiries and assignments. The position possesses project management skills, effective analytical and problem-solving skills, works well under pressure, and has the ability to handle complex and concurrent tasks. The position exercises initiative to achieve goals and objectives, maintains confidentiality and establishes and maintains positive working relationships. The office oversees units on both the Denver and Anschutz Medical Campuses and this position may be asked to travel between the two campuses. Supervision Received:
This position reports to the Senior Vice Chancellor and senior vice chancellor for Strategic Enrollment and Student Success.Supervision Exercised
: This position does not exercise direct, formal supervision over any other employeesExamples of Work Performed:
- Serve as the initial point of contact for the Office of the Senior Vice Chancellor, using diplomacy to appropriately answer or refer questions.
- Provide executive support to the Senior Vice Chancellor and members of the Senior Vice Chancellor’s Team.
- Coordinate and manage the Senior Vice Chancellor’s calendar, determining appropriateness of meeting requests, length and locations of meetings, and suggested meeting invitees, maintain meeting packets for the Senior Vice Chancellor on a daily basis and screen phone calls for the Senior Vice Chancellor.
- Help maximize the effectiveness of the Senior Vice Chancellor’s Office by managing projects and deadlines. This position will have responsibility for various projects as specified by the Senior Vice Chancellor.
- Track progress on initiatives and provide appropriate follow-up communications.
- Coordinate meetings and events.
- Develop correspondence and project materials.
- Coordinate agendas and lead agenda planning for meetings.
- Respond in a timely manner to all requests from various sources, both internal and external, for the Senior Vice Chancellor’s attention.
- Process and approve office supplies and equipment orders and handle equipment maintenance for the Office of the Senior Vice Chancellor.
- Develop and maintain office files including routine correspondence/materials and sensitive and confidential employee information.
- Coordinate Senior Vice Chancellor travel arrangements and process reimbursements following fiscal policies and procedures.
- Process all meal and mileage reimbursements for the Senior Vice Chancellor following fiscal policies and procedures.
- Process and route letters and documents for Senior Vice Chancellor’s signature in a timely manner.
- Coordination of annual evaluations for direct reports of the Senior Vice Chancellor.
- Arrange for purchases using Purchasing and Travel Cards and reconciling accounts monthly following fiscal policies and procedures.
- Be able to adapt and work in partnership with various administrators.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $48,786 to $75,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above hiring range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
* Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an accredited institution. Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis, but not for the specific experience.
- 3-5 years administrative support experience.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- At least five (5) years of experience working in a complex university environment with progressive responsibility.
- Experience with program or project management with ability to effectively lead a team to accomplish critical strategic objectives.
- Experience with Concur, or similar, procurement and travel software.
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures, and ability to apply them.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of faculty, administration, staff and students in both a written and verbal capacity.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Visio and Adobe Professional.
- Ability to establish work priorities.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Ability to follow through to ensure completion of activities by the deadline established.
- Ability to manage complex, sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to cooperate with and support other staff, e.g., in Provost’s or Chancellor’s office, in order to contribute to a productive work environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to develop office processes as needed.
- Ability to work both individually and as a team with the support staff for the Chancellors, Provost, and other Vice/Associate Chancellors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and scheduling software.
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2
Exemptions vary by campus location/department.
• Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
• Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
• Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.Job Category:
Professional Support ServicesPrimary Location:
Jul 26, 2021Unposting Date: