Applications are being accepted for a full-time Software Asset Manager at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac campus. This position is responsible for the formation or adjustment of processes of the Network Services major process of the Information Technology Support System subject to the constraints imposed by the Director of Network Services, MPTC District Board policy, State Board rules, law and professional ethical behavior.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
1. Responsible for maintaining College compliance with software vendor license agreements.
2. Maintain accurate inventory records of the College Software Assets.
3. Identify savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing and services, and communicate identified savings opportunities to staff and vendors to maximize the value created.
4. Serve as the primary review resource for College technology contracts. Negotiate with vendors or consult with College legal resources to create a favorable contract position for the College.
5. Function as the primary College resource to manage other compliance processes which are identified. E.g. PCI compliance, NIST reviews etc.
6. Supervise mentor, train and provide direction Software Asset Aide; evaluate performance and conduct performance reviews. Facilitate planning and assignment of work tasks. Provide technical support and expertise as needed.
7. Investigate software and hardware purchase requests to determine compatibility to MPTC computing environment. Understand the MPTC environment to include the appropriate internal resources to discover system requirements and implementation.
8. Foster and maintain good working relationships with vendors associated with areas of responsibility as well as internal customers.
9. Troubleshoot issues and work with vendors to resolve issues as needed.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Associate’s degree in Information Technology or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and occupational experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
2. Three or more years of progressively responsible experience in Information Technology, Project Management, Contract Management, or other applicable experience.
3. Broad understanding of Software Asset Management principles and terminology.
4. Ability to research software purchasing details as well as the ability to comprehend the terms and conditions contained within software license agreements or technology related contracts.
5. Leadership and/or supervisory experience preferred.
6. Must be detail oriented to manage the many tasks associated with Software Asset Management.
7. Experience working in a team-based collaborative environment.
8. Schedule flexibility to work in a 24x7 multi-site environment oriented toward a zero-downtime goal.
9. Strong communication, project management and multi-tasking skills are required.
10. Good organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
11. Strong negotiating skills and ability to manage 3rd party and vendor relationships preferred.
12. Experience with software licensing in a VDI environment, as well as skills in navigating within a virtual environment preferred.
13. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Short Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program