Job location: Commerce TAMUC Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R-040182 Job Title
Ad-Interim Assistant Professor Social WorkAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Social WorkProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
The School of Social Work at Texas A&M University-Commerce is seeking applicants for an Ad-Interim Assistant Professor. This is a 9-month temporary non-tenure-track position to begin Fall 2021 semester. This position will end May 31, 2022. Faculty at Texas A & M University-Commerce are required to conduct scholarly activities, work cooperatively with others, and contribute service to their discipline, the university, and the community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaching courses in social work
- Course preparation and teaching assigned courses
- Maintain office hours
- Attend meetings
- Mentor/advise students and providing professional development opportunities for community professionals.
- Working collaboratively with faculty and staff
- Providing service to the department, college, and university
- Continual learning to stay current with research, best practices in teaching, and technological applications in the classroom
- Ph.D. in social work or related field of study.
- Master’s degree in social work from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Evidence of effective teaching experiences at the Bachelor’s of Social Work (BSW) and/or Master’s of Social Work (MSW) level.
- Evidence of research, publications, other scholarly activities appropriate for social work educators.
- 2 years post MSW practice experience
Licensing/Professional Certifications: LMSW or LCSW licensing
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years post MSW practice experience
- College or university teaching experience.
- Evidence of teaching excellence.
- Prior relevant industry experience.
- Experience in working on grant-funded projects.
Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with faculty, staff, and students, as well as people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Ability to work beyond normal office hours and/or work on weekends as needed. Ability to travel.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.