Assistant/Associate Professor of Mathematics
Division of Mathematics and Science
Department Chair of Mathematics
Livingstone College seeks applications for an Assistant/Associate
Professor in Mathematics. Suitable candidates will have 3-5 years of teaching experience in Mathematics at the college or university level.
Candidates must be committed to utilizing innovative teaching
techniques in the instructional setting and using technology to enhance
student learning. He/she must possess strong communication skills and
be dedicated to providing quality instruction for all students served.
Responsibilities include teaching 12-15 hours of classes,
advising and registering students, recruiting majors for the department,
participating in writing and research activities, and other
departmental activities as assigned. Applicant must have
strong and effective interpersonal skills, demonstrated skills as an accomplished educator, and the ability to identify and establish appropriate educational direction. A commitment
to diversity and inclusion in the classroom is essential. The successful
candidate will begin the position in September 2021.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The results you will deliver each day that matter most!
- Teach 15 hours in the fall semester and 12 hours in the spring semester.
- Hold a minimum of eight (8) office hours per week.
- Submit timely assessment reports.
- Advise and register students for classes.
- Participate in the governance and committee work of the Department, Division, and the College.
- Use Blackboard, ECHO 360: Lecture Capture, Smart Board, and other instructional technologies in the classroom.
- Generate new curriculum and develop course syllabi that align with the curriculum goals and student learning outcomes in Mathematics.
- Participate in scholarly and professional development activities.
What you will need to be successful!
- Ph.D. in Mathematics or closely related area.
- At least 3-5 years of teaching experience at the college or university level is required.
- Preferred experience in teaching blended, hybrid, and online courses.
- Preferred experience in grant writing and development.
Life at Livingstone College
Why we believe you will love working at Livingstone College!!
Livingstone College is a private, four year liberal arts institution founded in 1879 by the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church. Secured by a strong commitment to quality instruction, the College offers excellent liberal arts and religious education programs for students designed to develop their potential for leadership and service to a global community.
About Livingstone College: http://Livingstone.edu
Livingstone College is an equal opportunity employer that employs qualified individuals based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. Livingstone College complies with all laws regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled candidates and employees. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the interview process are requested to contact Human Resources in order to arrange such accommodation. We offer competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract.