Adjunct Faculty, Environmental Science
- Marian University of Indiana
- Indianapolis, IN
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Educational Administration & Leadership, Science & Technology, Chemistry & Biochemistry, Environmental Science & Sustainability
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Adjunct Faculty, Environmental ScienceDivision:
College of Arts & SciencesDepartment:
Main CampusJob Description:
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, the Department of Chemistry and Physical Sciences at Marian University-Indianapolis seeks qualified applicants for adjunct faculty. Adjunct faculty will promote our Catholic and Franciscan mission and identity by teaching Introduction to Environmental Science Laboratory sections at the Marian University campus in Indianapolis, Indiana. The curriculum taught is developed by the Department of Chemistry and Physical Sciences and is well supported, including laboratory procedures, assessments, and rubrics using the Canvas learning management system. Interested instructors should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Biology or a closely related field and in interest in engaging with students in a laboratory environment. Preference will be given to applicants with a Master’s or Doctoral degree. Students taking Introduction to Environmental Science labs come from all fields and backgrounds and take the course primarily as a general science laboratory course. The lab is taught using the Nina Mason-Pulliam EcoLab on the Campus of Marian University with most lab sessions taking place outdoors in the EcoLab.
- Must actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a related field is required, ideally with graduate coursework; however a Master’s or Doctorate are preferred.
- Interest in student-centered instruction directed at undergraduates of varying abilities at the university level.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues of diverse backgrounds.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:
P005ANumber of Vacancies:
1Open Until Filled:
YesQuicklink for Posting:
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert