Adjunct Faculty, Chemistry LabDivision:
College of Arts & SciencesDepartment:
Main CampusJob Description:
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, the Department of Chemistry and Physical Sciences at Marian University-Indianapolis seeks qualified applicants for adjunct faculty. Adjunct faculty will promote our Catholic and Franciscan mission and identity by teaching General and Organic Chemistry Laboratory sections at the Marian University campus in Indianapolis, Indiana. The curriculum taught is developed by the Department of Chemistry and Physical Sciences and is well supported, including laboratory procedures, assessments, and rubrics using the Canvas learning management system. The labs are prepared and set up by an undergraduate staff overseen by a Laboratory Manager. Interested instructors should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or a closely related field and in interest in engaging with students in a laboratory environment. Preference will be given to applicants with a Master’s or Doctoral degree. Students taking Organic Chemistry labs are usually Chemistry or Biology majors and the curriculum is focused around Green Organic experiments developed by Dr. Carl Lecher, Director of the Institute of Green and Sustainable Science. Students taking General Chemistry labs are from a variety of STEM majors and backgrounds. The General Chemistry curriculum has undergone recent modernization to incorporate modern sensors and probes for simpler collection and analysis of many types of data.Required Qualifications:
- Must actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a related field is required, ideally with graduate coursework; however a Master’s or Doctorate are preferred.
- Interest in student-centered instruction directed at undergraduates of varying abilities at the university level.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues of diverse backgrounds.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.Posting Number:
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:
P004ANumber of Vacancies:
1Open Until Filled:
YesQuicklink for Posting: