Position Summary: The adjunct faculty member provides leadership and sound instructional principles in the classroom to ensure the program offers a superior learning environment to a diverse student population. The instructor represents the department in school and industry matters and fosters growth and excellence in the classroom and with their students.
Major Responsibility Areas:
MRA # 1. Instruction and Excellence. Ensures excellence in classroom and student development activities to facilitate student acquisition of the personal, interpersonal and professional/vocational skills needed to be effective in the profession.
Maintain a teaching load.In collaboration with Curriculum Department, maintain currency/relevance of program curriculum, courses, and course materials.Communicate with program manager to ensure student and course needs are met in accordance with program requirements.Monitor classroom activities according to program requirements to ensure students are engaged; ensures program faculty deliver instruction in a way that accounts for the learning abilities of a diverse population.Serves as teaching substitute in emergency situations, if necessary.Populate and facilitate program PAC meetings, when needed, and maintain relationships with past members for assigned program.
Attend recruitment events, as required by business need.
MRA #2. Student Mentoring and Support. Proactively manage and mentor students in the program for learning outcomes and career progression. Provide effective support to students at risk of attrition due to poor attendance, unsatisfactory academic progress or other at-risk indicators. Implement student contact strategy to advise on academic progress and career opportunities.
- Ensure timely intervention for at-risk students when early signs suggest lack of engagement and/or other issues.
- Handle student issues, concerns, or complaints; escalate to management where and when appropriate.
- Ensure documentation of all student interventions and interactions are in CampusNexus.
- Monitor student academic progress; meets with students not demonstrating satisfactory academic progress and devise appropriate plans to resolve progress issues. Ensures documentation of these efforts.
- Ensure the department creates and maintains a student culture that enables students to learn and apply the skills required to obtain employment in their chosen field.
- Ensure effective advising, tutoring and mentoring programs/processes are in place for students.
- Participate in coordination of and attend family weekend, graduation, student orientation, and other campus events.
MRA #3. Administration and Operations. Collaborates with campus leaders to ensure continuous improvement and quality for the students and the school. Ensure implementation of the organizations academic policies, programs and initiatives that facilitate academic communication, teamwork and involvement to maintain or enhance student learning environment and continuously improve the overall quality of procedures and processes within the Academic Program.
- Ensure department adheres to established policies and procedures.
- Lead, attend, prepare for staff meetings and faculty events.
- In collaboration with other campus leaders, contribute to maintaining and revising the school’s Institutional Assessment and Improvement Plan.
- Ensure the department meets all ACCSC/CAPTE Accreditation criteria on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain awareness of and keeps updated on FERPA guidelines; ensures the same for faculty.
Maintain knowledge of College Catalogs’ policies.
Job Requirements: The following job requirements represent minimum levels of education, experience and competencies/abilities needed to perform this job successfully:
1. Education: Requirements based on current CAPTE guidelines.
Hold an active, unrestricted PT license or PTA license/certification and in TN.
2. Experience: Requirements based on current CAPTE guidelines. Minimum three years of full time (or equivalent) post-licensure clinical experience in physical therapy.
3. Competencies: Incumbent must (be) able to:
- Project a professional image and provide outstanding customer service
- Keep commitments, meet deadlines and achieve demanding results
- Organize and execute around multiple priorities
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Speak effectively to both large and small groups of people
- Prepare and conduct effective presentations
- Demonstrate excellent listening skills
- Cooperate and collaborate as a member of a team
- Travel, as required by business needs
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to prepare and maintain records, correspondence, reports and other data
- Relate to and work with all levels of the organization
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Physical Requirements: This job requires normal physical mobility, including the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Normal hand-eye coordination; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp and lift up to 40 pounds, is also required.
Mental Requirements: This job requires the ability to read, recall, write and understand information. This job also requires the ability to work under moderate pressure and to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
Environment: This job is normally performed in a clean, well-lighted, heated and cooled office area/classroom.
The purpose of this job description is to document the Major Responsibility Areas (MRAs) and key Duties normally required of this position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only responsibilities or duties to be performed by incumbents. Associates are expected to follow all job related instructions and perform any other duties assigned by their supervisor(s).
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment, promotion, pay or place of work because of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability or age. Employment with the Company does not constitute a contract for any specific period of time and any associate is free to resign at any time, with or without a reason, just as the Company may end an associate’s employment at any time, with or without a reason. The Company will, in compliance with the ADA, accommodate essential job functions whenever feasible.