Responsibilities and Duties
Oversee the management of Graduate School application processing including the special program records, imaging workflow, communication with Program Directors on admissions policies or decisions, and any other related processing functions. Assist with completion of graduate applications and oversee the evaluation and recalculation of general admissions files. Assist with the technology advancement of the application process and serve as a liaison with the IT/Operations unit. Counsel prospective, newly admitted and currently enrolled graduate students on admission to TU. Represent TU by providing excellent customer service and answer questions for the graduate population via phone, email, in-person and virtual meetings. Understand admissions policies and requirements to ensure success within graduate admissions. Provide information presentations during campus visits when needed.Oversee one professional staff member and student workers as necessary. Responsible for the hiring, onboarding, and providing continuous training & development as a supervisor. The staff/student workers will support the efforts of data-entry, scanning, processing, call/emails, outreach campaigns, and other initiatives.Compose and maintain electronic documentation for the Graduate School Procedures Manual for all graduate admissions policies & procedures. Provide training to staff and faculty on graduate procedures if necessary. Serve as the graduate admissions expert on the policies. Under the direction of the Associate Director, assist with the development of strategic recruitment/marketing plan and territory management. Develop partnerships with university and external constituents, assist with staff trainings, and policy development/execution ensure success within graduate admissions. This position serves as a senior leader of the graduate admissions team.Assist with residency review for graduate admissions. Serve as a secondary contact for residency for internal and external constituents specifically for graduate admissions. Also, assist with Character & Conduct review process for graduate students.
Qualifications and Skills
Successful candidates will...
- Have a Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of related work experience including experience in a supervisory role
- Possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and be interested in and attentive to cross-cultural communication
- Be able to present to small and large groups of people in various types of venues
- Pay attention to detail and possess strong organizational skills
- Be a team player with a strong work ethic
- Actively contribute to the office welfare in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Possess strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrate familiarity and proficiency with the use of technology
- Have prior experience, within a college admissions office
Academic Affairs DivisionPrimary Location:
Main CampusJob Posting:
Jul 26, 2021