Audiovisual Technology Specialist
Position Status: Full-time regular
Location: San Diego
Information Technology Services is a service organization that is integral to the success of the University of San Diego. We succeed only when we meet and exceed the expectations of our customers. We have a passion for excellence and endeavor to set and deliver the highest standards of service, value, integrity, and responsiveness. We celebrate the diversity and power of people, ideas, and cultures. We respect and enrich the academic community in which we operate. We feel a sense of responsibility to lead by examples of creativity, enthusiasm, and loyalty to the University faculty, students, and staff.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity's urgent challenges.
Broad overall knowledge and experience in the use of computer, audio, video, and networking technologies. Thorough understanding and experience in classroom and/or instructional based video and audio systems and the ability to use this information to troubleshoot and resolve system conflicts. Ability to proactively assess and contribute to the campus needs for AV IT technology products and design services to meet those needs. Possess the ability to quickly learn new instructional delivery tools and technologies, and adapt to an evolving field. Adept and enthusiastic about learning new technologies and new skills. Demonstrates ability to offer high-level customer service and consultative skills to identify and implement required technology solutions. Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work with both technical and nontechnical personnel at all levels in the organization. Supervision received from the Media Services Manager and the Sr. Director of Customer Support Services. Assist in providing on-going training to the Media Center staff and student workers on how to make minor classroom equipment repairs; removal and replacement of defective classroom media equipment and troubleshooting techniques.
Duties & Responsibilities:
•	Repair, Maintenance and Installation
•	Provide technical support for classrooms/labs.
•	Install instructional equipment for classrooms/labs.
•	Maintain instructional equipment for classrooms/labs.
•	Troubleshoot instructional equipment for classrooms/labs.
•	Diagnose, evaluate and perform needed repairs and maintenance to prevent/decrease potential failure and to support the USD faculty in the enhancement of their educational goals.
•	Maintains repair/maintenance/preventative maintenance schedule for IMS equipment.
•	Design and program classroom/lab control systems.
•	Administer AV Systems
•	Assess customer requirements for Digital Signage requests.
•	Coordinate cost estimates for the installation and maintenance of Digital signage locations.
•	Crestron Fusion, Digital Signage and Collaboration.
•	Follow established procedures for installation of new digital signage locations.
•	Coordinate and participate in the training of new users.
•	Create initial presentation templates for new digital signage locations.
•	Troubleshoot all digital signage and LCD problems that may occur.
•	Work with USD Telecomm to coordinate network needs of new digital signage location's.
•	Tech Training
•	Assist in providing training for faculty, staff and students in the operation of A/V equipment.
•	Provide on-going training to IMS staff on how to make minor classroom equipment repairs; removal and replacement of defective classroom media equipment and troubleshooting techniques and skills to accurately identify defective classroom media equipment.
•	Provide on-going training and demonstration of classroom system operation to faculty, staff and others.
•	Research and Recommend Equipment for Purchase
•	Consult with departments, faculty, and staff regarding their needs and desires and develop, within monetary constraints, technology solutions to improve their effectiveness and instructional goals.
•	Evaluate the best means to reduce the prospect of failure of media equipment systems on campus.
•	Research and deployment of emerging technology solutions.
•	Special Events Support and Other Responsibilities
•	Assists with equipment set up and operation at special events.
•	Other duties as assigned by the Director, which may include maintenance, production, team management of special project work teams; strategic planning for increasing faculty support with new instructional technologies.
•	Assist in day-today operations of IMS.
•	High school diploma, plus 3-5 years experience.
•	Experience in live audio/video event support at both the operational and technical level.
•	Crestron and AMX control systems.
•	Experience in audiovisual system installation.
•	Experience in preventative maintenance of audiovisual systems.
•	Experience in the use and support of Crestron control systems.
•	Experience in remote and hands-on customer support.
•	Experience with a variety of operating systems (Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux).
•	Must have strong communication skills.
•	Must be able to lift 50lbs.
•	Must be able to perform tasks while on ladders, scaffolding, and lifts
•	Experience in the support of instructional systems and end users in a University setting.
•	Experience with lecture capture software and hardware setup/use for classes and other live events.
•	Experience with web conferencing software and hardware setup/use for classes and other live events.
•	Experience with streaming software and hardware setup/use for classes and other live events.
•	Experience in the higher education audiovisual industry.
•	Experience with help desk ticketing systems.
•	Basic knowledge of network infrastructure and IP addressing.
•	CTS certifications from AVIXIA.
•	Crestron certifications.
•	Manufactures training and certifications
Performance Expectations - Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
•	Knowledge of instructional technology equipment usage including audio, video, computer display, signal distribution, classroom control systems.
•	An understanding of instructional technology equipment specifications and their relationship to applications, teaching methodologies, multimedia systems and faculty preferences.
•	The ability to work cooperatively as part of a team and with people of varying levels of expertise is required.
•	Ability to interface with faculty, staff, students, and administrators courteously, effectively and professionally in a non-confrontational manner.
•	Must be able to maintain positive approach despite conflicting deadlines, shifting priorities and simultaneous work demands.
•	Ability to quickly learn and update new technology related to classroom instruction.
•	Computer skills using word processing, database creation and maintenance, email, web searching, and CAD.
•	Excellent decision making, organizational, interpersonal, writing and presentation skills.
•	Ability to organize, categorize and prioritize workload effectively and efficiently, under minimal supervision.
•	Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to take initiative to resolve problems and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
•	Provide high level support in a deadline driven, customer-service oriented environment.
•	Will be expected to stay current with professional level hardware and software as it relates to media and video production.
•	Complies with all University of San Diego and ITS/ATS policies and guidelines.
Special Conditions of Employment:
•	Overtime is likely to support events, may need to work some evenings, weekends and holidays.
Tools & Equipment Used:
•	Computers, both Macintosh and PC
•	Various power tools and drills
•	State of the art electronic test equipment
•	Common hand tools
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer.USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Special Application Instructions:
Please upload acover letterand resumeto your application profile for the hiring managers' review.
To apply visit: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/867/cw/en-us/job/494562/audiovisual-technology-specialist
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visitwww.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency