Office Manager, Wharton Communication Program
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Office Manager, Wharton Communication ProgramJob Profile Title
Associate Director CJob Description Summary
The Wharton Communication Program helps students develop the skills needed to communicate effectively in a variety of business settings - emphasizing persuasive speaking and writing. The Program is responsible for teaching communication courses for undergraduate, MBA, and Executive MBA students and supports Wharton doctoral students in preparing for their research presentations and job talks.
The Office Manager reports to the Directors of the Wharton Communication Program and works closely with other Associate Directors to execute initiatives that support the Program's mission.Job Description
The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the WHCP office in support of a full-time staff of 8-10 professionals and 300+ part-time instructors and TAs, both on-site and remotely.
More specifically, this role will:
- Supervise the work of administrative support staff, including temporary employees and work-study students. Coordinate IT staff support to ensure technical needs are met.
- Manage/improve processes related to course scheduling, enrollment verification, course material reproduction/distribution, and course evaluations.
- Manage operational and educational systems and software used by the program (e.g., SRS, Penn in Touch, Turnitin, Syllabus repository, Qualtrics, Panopto, Ben Financials, and Workday).
- Organize/maintain video technology used in classrooms to record students' presentations and provide training/documentation to instructors.
- Coordinate all WHCP events (e.g., training sessions, Investor Pitch Day)
- Prepare requestions and purchase orders through Ben Financials.
- Perform administrative tasks associated with hiring/onboarding/training part-time instructors and TAs.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of office policies and procedures, communicate policies/procedures to all stakeholders.
- Monitor part-time lecturer pay and TA timesheets in conjunction with divisional Business Managers/Administrators. Troubleshoot and resolve problems with payroll and benefits.
- Manage/schedule independent service providers.
Bachelor's degree with 4-6 years experience, preferably in higher education, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Supervisory experience preferred.
This position requires strong interpersonal, organizational, and oral and written communication skills. Initiative, time management, and keen attention to detail are also essential. The strong candidate will have demonstrated success working in a fast-paced environment, requiring multi-tasking and flexibility.
Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite are required. Demonstrated ability to learn new software applications is highly desired. Knowledge of University systems is helpful.A cover letter is required with job application.Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Wharton SchoolPay Range
$50,684.00 - $91,232.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/SteinbergDietrich-Hall/Office-Manager--Wharton-Communication-Program_JR00036758-1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency