Associate Director of Faculty Affairs & Human Resources, Penn Nursing
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Associate Director of Faculty Affairs & Human Resources, Penn NursingJob Profile Title
Associate Director CJob Description Summary
This is a HR generalist position that performs a variety of tasks to support all employees (faculty, staff, temps, and student employees) of the School Nursing.Job Description
Works in collaboration with the Faculty Affairs/Human Resources leader, Directors, the Associate Director, and Coordinator to synchronize the human resource and administration functions for faculty (standing faculty, associated faculty, and academic support staff), staff, temps, and students by supporting various phases of the employee life cycle (attraction, recruitment, onboarding, performance, learning and development, advancement including appointments and promotions, wellbeing, and separation) as well as the general administration and operations of the department.
- Manage recruitment, selection, and employment processes for staff working in collaboration with hiring managers. Leads offboarding consultation, planning, and execution.
- Manage contract process for faculty and maintain the database with accurate information.
- Oversee and direct the regulatory, accreditation, and record management compliance for faculty.
- Ensure PIQs/positions descriptions and process manuals exist for all positions in the School and are reviewed/updated on an annual basis.
- Administer FMLA and STD processes for School. Respond to unemployment claims.
- Coordinates Wellbeing and Learning and Development programming for the School including supporting the School's Justice, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion (JEDI).
- Supports faculty governance and committee work.
- Assists with daily office operations including responding to inquiries and advising employees on Faculty, HR, School, and University policies and procedures.
- Participates in opportunities for professional growth and relationship building.
Bachelors degree required in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field with 3-5 years of progressive work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong administrative background with a solid knowledge of human resource practices and financial management needed. Prior experience with administering the employee life cycle (attraction, recruitment, onboarding, performance, learning and development, advancement, wellbeing, and separation) and supporting the people operations for an organization. Experience in higher education is preferred.
Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on providing high-quality service. The successful candidate will be a team player who possesses superior organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines and priorities. Strong analytical skills with the ability to evaluate and design effective systems and procedures. The successful candidate will be a quick learner with considerable initiative who possesses the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Superior verbal and written communication skills needed; must be able to establish rapport and effective professional relationships with faculty and staff. Ability to handle confidential information with great sensitivity and discretion required. Knowledge of academic management processes is essential. Strong PC skills in MS Office, database management, and related systems. Familiarity with Workday, Interfolio, and other University systems is a plus but not required.Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
School of NursingPay Range
$50,684.00 - $91,232.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Claire-M-Fagin-Hall/Associate-Director--Human-Resources--Penn-Nursing_JR00036546
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency