Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location Life Chiropractic College West HQ - Hayward, CAPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level 4 Year DegreeTravel Percentage NoneJob Shift AnyJob Category MarketingOverview ABOUT US
Life Chiropractic College West (Life West), is a leader in chiropractic education is currently seeking a Marketing Manager. Our dedicated focus on the profession sets us apart from other institutions making our doctoral and continuing education programs some of the most sought-after in the world.
Through a leading-edge curriculum and clinical training experience, we provide graduates with the knowledge, skills, philosophies, attitudes, and competencies to be the best in their field. Life West also empowers transformation. We believe that an outstanding education provides opportunities and resources far beyond the classroom experience. Our mission is to support the full career lifecycle from the classroom to retirement.
The vision of Life West is to create a brighter future for humanity through graduating chiropractors who have a deep understanding of service, and of the innate potential of the human body to heal and adapt to its environment. The Doctor of Chiropractic program prepares graduates for personal and professional fulfillment in a climate of giving, doing, loving, and serving from a place of abundance.PURPOSE
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, the Marketing Manager guides all marketing projects and is responsible for the overall quality of work produced by the marketing team. The Marketing Manager is responsible for leading the marketing and communications team and developing creative guidelines. The Marketing Manager also directs, develops, and produces content, whether for print or online, to fill the creative needs of all departments at Life West.
The Life West Marketing and Creative team is responsible for gathering, organizing, and telling the Life Chiropractic College West stories in order to share them with the Life West internal and external constituents. The stories will take the form of web copy/design, film, photography, digital design, and social media.
- Lead and direct the marketing team in the production of all marketing collateral.
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies.
- Develop and implement the brand strategy.
- Oversee implementation of the marketing strategy including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR.
- Work closely with the enrollment/admissions (sales) team. Enable them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials, and presentations.
- Guide the day-to-day activities of the marketing team.
- Ensure that the marketing objectives are implemented by the marketing team.
- Work closely with the management team to define marketing materials and programs.
- Manage social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition.
- Develop and deliver marketing and communications strategies for the organization.
- Undertake continuous analysis of the competitive environment and consumer trends.
- Manage the creative process from concept to completion.
- Create and shape all Life West content (writing, editing, and strategic elements).
- Ensure visual communication standards are met and maintain Life West branding integrity on all marketing collateral.
- Oversee department pitches and proposals.
- Meet with upper management to explain campaign strategies and solutions.
- Prepare reports and outcomes for strategic planning.
- Review work, troubleshoot, and provide feedback to the marketing and communications team.
- Remain actively involved in hiring and training marketing and creative staff.
- Work directly with contact to proof and make revisions to design and content.
- Maintain technical knowledge of software and design skills through tutorials, attending design workshops, reviewing professional publications, participating in professional societies, etc.
- Assume additional responsibilities, perform special projects, and assist with other duties as needed or requested.
- Exhibit student-centeredness in performance of all job duties.
- Treat all others with respect; understand the impact of culture/background on the behavior of others; respect differences among the Life West community, and demonstrate inclusive behavior.
- Anticipate, listen to, understand, and respond to campus contact’s needs. Deliver work products and services to contact in a way that reflects positively upon the department and the college.
GENERAL PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND EXPECTATIONS
In addition to satisfactory performance on all of the responsibilities for this position, all College employees must fulfill the following basic performance expectations:
- Values, Mission, and Goals: All employees are expected to know and work by the College's values, mission and goals as set out in the college Strategic Plan.
- Customer Service: All College employees will strive to provide outstanding customer service to everyone they serve including students, the community, and fellow employees.
- Grooming and Appearance: College employees are expected to maintain a neat and professional image at all times. When issued, College personnel must wear uniforms, and maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
- Safety Awareness: College employees are expected to work diligently to maintain safe and healthful working conditions, and to adhere to proper operating practices and procedures designed to prevent injuries. Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment as provided, depending on the position.
- Attendance Standards: College employees are expected to attend their work assignments and schedules at all times, pursuant to the College's Employee Handbook.
- Training: College employees are expected to attend College-provided training sessions and meetings when deemed necessary or required.
- Continuous Improvement: College employees are expected to give attention to continuous assessment and improvement of the position's assigned set of duties and responsibilities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE: EDUCATION & TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, marketing, design, or related field.
- Minimum seven years of experience in marketing and content creation.
- Experience in project management and communication.
- Must have excellent knowledge and skill using platform of digital media software including social media platforms and Adobe Suite.
- Must have the ability to work independently in a complex environment with a high level of accuracy, reliability, and collaboration.
- Familiarity with web design is desirable.
- Requires a balance of technical, clerical, and artistic skills.
- Ability to be flexible and learn a variety of tasks.
- Ability to work with and communicate with others at all levels.
- Occasional weekend and evening work is required at college events.
- Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment.
- Requires ability to communicate and exchange information; collect, compile, and prepare work documents; and set up and maintain work files.
- Work performed in a general office environment.
- Periodic travel may be required.
Life Chiropractic College West (LCCW)) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, LCCW does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs.