Search #: 495479JOB SUMMARY
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Marketing and Communication
The University of Connecticut is seeking applications for the full-time position of Assistant Director of Athletic Communications. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities will include serving as the primary athletic communications contact for several sports and serving as the secondary contact for the football program. This includes conceptualizing, assembling materials, and organizing content for a variety of articles or stories; writing/editing news articles and marketing collateral; assisting in promoting effective delivery of message to target audience and maintaining good working relationships with the media; and serving as a resource and consultant regarding communication strategies and dissemination mechanisms.
The successful candidate will also possess strong proficiency in the area of photography and will work closely with the marketing department with the objective of enhancing several teams’ presence on their respective social media platforms.
The successful candidate should be highly organized, detail-oriented, collaborative, a good communicator and possess the ability to handle numerous assignments in a timely manner with the flexibility to adjust to unscheduled developments involving immediate attention.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications and/or sports management
- Two years of experience in the media relations field
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis in PhotoShop and InDesign, and proven skill in photography
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to provide a photography portfolio
- Proficient in StatCrew and NCAA Live Stats software
- Experience using a content management system tool such as that provided by Sidearm Sports
- Proficiency in utilization of social media management software
- Four years of experience in the media relations field
- Media relations experience as a primary or secondary contact in the NCAA Tournament
- Proven ability to multi-task effectively, prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Daktronics scoreboard software
This is a full-time position. The University offers a full range of benefits, which can be found at https://hr.uconn.edu/employee-benefits-overview/.TO APPLY
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs
, Staff Positions, Search #495479 to upload a resume, cover letter,
and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on August 9, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Jul 26 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Aug 09 2021 Eastern Daylight Time