Director, Law Enforcement Training | Program Chair, Criminal Justice TechnologyClassification Title:
Program Chair / Program DirectorSalary Type:
E = ExemptPosition Type::
The Criminal Justice School Director of Law Enforcement Training is responsible for the development, delivery, management, and supervision of all Law Enforcement Training Courses in accordance with guidelines established by the North Carolina Administrative Code. This responsibility includes credit and non-credit courses as well as other duties as assigned. This position also serves as the Chair of Basic Law Enforcement Training and Criminal Justice.Faculty Required Education/Experience Skills::
- Baccalaureate Degree in Criminal Justice or related field from a regionally accredited College or University. Desired Education/Experience/Skills::
- Currently certified as a Criminal Justice General Instructor through the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education Training & Standards Division with a minimum of five (5) years full-time work experience as a sworn Law Enforcement Officer.
- Minimum four years of teaching experience.
- Proficient computer skills in “Microsoft Office”, good public relations/oral communication skills, accompanied by a positive attitude and good work ethic.
- Must be a good team player and be committed to the “Open Door” philosophy.
Master’s Degree or higher in Criminal Justice or related field from a regionally accredited College or University.Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities::
- Good team player Department::
- Positive role model for students
- Respected as a leader within the criminal justice community
Public Services Technologies -BLETWork Hours::
Hours must be flexible. The position requires a minimum of forty (40) hours per week. Typically, these hours will be Monday-Friday 8 AM to 5 PM. However, these hours must be flexible from time to time due to evening course deliveries, responsibilities, and graduation ceremonies.Posting Date::
07/15/2021Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants::
- Attach resume and curriculum vitaeDuty and Responsibility::
- Attach NC CJ Instructor Certification
- Attach NC CJ Specialized Instructor Certification(s) and CPR card, if applicable
- Attach transcripts from all post-secondary educational institutions attended
1. Responsible for the planning, developing, coordinating, and delivering Commission-mandated courses through the NC Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission and NC Sheriff’s Education and Training Standards Commission.Duty and Responsibility::
2. Responsible for the creation and offering of professional development and in-service training courses. Duty and Responsibility::
3. Work collaboratively with law enforcement consortium groups, advisory boards, and community stakeholders to create and deliver training opportunities to meet industry needs. Duty and Responsibility::
4. Develop and follow the rules & regulations governing student and instructor behavior. Duty and Responsibility::
5. Update, communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided by administrative guidance. Duty and Responsibility::
6. Participate in professional development opportunities (selected or assigned) to enhance and apply knowledge/skills within the discipline to effectively utilize required course technology and College applications and maintain licensures (as applicable). Duty and Responsibility::
7. Utilize College technology for the completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management systems, student information system, and employee portals. Duty and Responsibility::
8. Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.Duty and Responsibility::
9. Develop and manage Program operating budget, and keep accurate records for an inventory of equipment. Duty and Responsibility::
10. Support student advising, registration, and recruitment efforts, as appropriate or required. Duty and Responsibility::
11. Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address students’ academic support needs. Duty and Responsibility::
12. Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty, and staff. Duty and Responsibility::
13. Adhere to College policies and procedures. Duty and Responsibility::
14. Follow the appropriate chain of supervision. Duty and Responsibility::
15. Participate in College meetings, events, and committees as appropriate or required.