Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Admissions and Student Financial Management, the Director of JD Admissions will (1) develop strategies, initiatives, and goals relating to the recruitment of outstanding and diverse JD students; (2) collaborate with the Department of Marketing & Communications to develop marketing materials designed to successfully engage with prospective JD students; (3) collaborate with the Assistant Dean of Budget & Operations on the development of data-driven scholarship and tuition models; (4) review admissions files and develop associated admissions strategies, with the goal of strategically leveraging the law schools available financial resources; and (5) advance additional strategic initiatives designed to expand educational opportunity and to beneficially shape legal education and the legal profession.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strategic thinking/management: Advanced ability to understand industry and data trends and translate into measurable action plans.
- Leadership: Potential to motivate and lead to reach objectives both independently and with the group.
- Data Analysis/problem solving: Advanced ability to create and interpret enrollment reports, and to analyze trends and project outcomes.
- Initiative: Act independently to resolve or enhance a particular issue/program/initiative with guidance from supervisors.
- Flexibility/Organization: Must be able to adapt to meet the needs of our constituents. Daily schedule is impacted by students visiting, phoning, and e-mailing. Ability to coordinate multiple events and activities while maintaining focus on details and outcomes.
- Technology: Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Excel, Access and Word. Strong user skills in automated computer system environment.
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills.
- Well-developed oral and written communications skills.
- The capacity to solve complex problems with creative solutions.
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Strong compliance orientation.
- Ability to work in a high-performance setting.
- Capacity to work collaboratively with a range of constituents on a variety of projects.
- Strong leadership and delegation skills.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year university or college.
- 5 years of experience in law admissions.
- Advanced degree (e.g., JD or master's degree in a relevant field).
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Weekend and evening hours may be required to meet deadlines.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, August 9, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 12.
The salary range for this position is $75,000 - $85,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.