The Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management has an opening for an Assistant/ Associate Professor with expertise in Environmental, Social, and/or Corporate Governance. The University of Houston is a major, public, comprehensive research university situated in the fourth largest city in the United States. The College is one of the leading hospitality and tourism programs in the world. It is located in a world-class facility that contains extensive laboratory facilities, a library, convention space and a hotel.
• This position requires an earned doctorate.
• Research must focus within the context of environment efforts, social, and/or corporate governance.
This could include a focus on topics such as renewable energy, pollution, sustainability, equity, diversity, inclusion, sexual harassment, corporate social responsibility, and/or strategic management. It should be applicable to the hospitality industry.
• Candidates must have demonstrated the ability to publish in top-tier journals.
• Two years of teaching experience at the community college and/or university level preferred.
• Management experience within the hotel/tourism industry preferred.
• Appointment at the academic rank of an Associate professor may be considered for candidates with relevant experience, grant funding, and national/international reputation.
• Teach related courses at the undergraduate and graduate level
• Supervise doctoral students
• Publish within the top-tier hospitality and tourism journals
• Serve on College committees as assigned
• Attend College and University meetings and events
• Other duties as assigned by the administration
The College is seeking to identify successful candidates with strong research and teaching skills. A candidate should identify their research and teaching areas in a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and a copy of a recent publication if available. Applications and nominations for these positions will be accepted until the positions are filled. For information, please contact the search committee chair, Dr. Juan Madera at [email protected].
We welcome candidates whose experience in teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of Houston is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.