The University of Maryland School of Dentistry (UMSOD) is recruiting for a Student Affairs Program Administrative Specialist. Under limited supervision, this position is responsible for work requiring specialized knowledge for the efficient operation of the Office of Student Affairs. The selected candidate must be able to work independently, successfully interact with students, administration, faculty, staff, and the public to achieve school objectives associated with the Office of Student Affairs’ activities regarding the support of student groups and events. Managing detailed processes, organizational ability, and event coordination are primary responsibilities. Working at UMB offers a number of health, development, and work/life balance benefits. This non-exempt position includes an annual leave package starting with 11 vacation days, 14 floating and observed holidays, 15 sick days, and 3 personal days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; professional learning and development opportunities; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools. In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources. Essential Functions:
- Performs a full range of clerical to paraprofessional duties related to the day-to-day operations of the Office of Student Affairs. Sends out mass emails to the student body for student organizations. Monitors the Student Affairs mailbox and confers with staff, students, and others to provide technical advice, problem-solving assistance, answers to questions, and provides policy interpretation.
- Attends department meetings and takes minutes. Assists in planning, organizing, and coordinating meetings and activities for faculty and students. Supports the Student Affairs Committee. Schedules meetings, prepare agendas, reports and meeting minutes, gathers, and interprets data, etc.
- Maintaining the department credit card and reconciling the monthly statements; processing payments via the department credit card, the UMB Foundation, and the Working Fund for office supplies, catering and supplies for special events, and activities associated with hosting visiting students.
- Serves as a Travel Administrator making travel arrangements and processing travel requests and travel reimbursement for Student Affairs Staff and students. Interacts with internal and external customers of the university. Handles sensitive and confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Webmaster for the department’s website and facilitates the American Dental Education Association (ADEA) Postdoctoral Application process by maintaining the Institutional Evaluation portal. Remains current with and maximizes the use of technology for the efficient processing and generation of reports. Researches best practices to develop or streamline procedures for electronic record keeping. Works with the Office of Institutional Advancement staff to maintain electronic monitor(s).
- Suggests, recommends, and implements new or revised procedures, practices or changes regarding the department. Prepares draft reports, recommendations, and other information resources for use by the Office of Student Affairs.
- Provides direct support to the Office Manager, Senior Director and the Associate Dean for Student Affairs by following established guidelines to collect, compile, and organize data for various ongoing projects accurately and error free. Advises the program head and administrative officials regarding policies, trends, and interpretation of data and program needs. May prepare statistical tables and
- Interact and maintain liaison with students, faculty, staff and outside/community agencies in facilitating program objectives. Build and maintain strong relationships with community members and partners in order to grow the programming.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the services offered by other departments within the School of Dentistry and university to include processes, procedures, policies, etc.
- Serve as backup to Office Manager as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
: Bachelor's degree. Experience
: Four years in administrative staff work. Preferred
: Prior experience with PeopleSoft Financials. Required Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Working knowledge of reference and research methods and techniques used in collecting, compiling, and organizing data and information, working knowledge of analytical and statistical principles and techniques. Skill in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and its applications, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, to handle sensitive materials with discretion and tact, to present ideas and information clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; to perform mathematical computations; to present statistical material in chart and graph form. Ability to independently handle multiple tasks and set priorities. Other
: Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience. Salary Range:
$50,000 - $57,000, commensurate with education and experience UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]
. If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request
. You may also contact [email protected]
. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. Job:
Reg or CII Exempt StaffShift:
School of Dentistry - Student AffairsJob Posting:
Jul 26, 2021Unposting Date:
Aug 9, 2021, 11:59:00 PM