The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) Center for Vaccine Development and Global Health (CVD)
brings together more than four decades of innovative and life-saving research on vaccines and infectious diseases. http://www.medschool.umaryland.edu/cvd/
As an organized research center within the University of Maryland School of Medicine (UMSOM), CVD comprises a multi-disciplinary team of faculty and staff whose primary mission is to develop, evaluate, and implement vaccines and other interventions to reduce illness and mortality domestically and in less developed countries. We work to prevent and treat enteric and respiratory diseases, to reduce the threat of malaria and antimicrobial resistance, and to identify, understand and combat other tropic and emerging pathogens burdening low resource settings. Training is a critical component of our work to ensure the foundation for the next generation of scientists and researchers committed to our mission.
The CVD is seeking a Research and Training Program Manager
to join our team. Benefits Information:
UMB offers a generous benefits package, which includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools. In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources. Primary Duties:
- Manage domestic and/or international research programs of substantive size and budget.
- Manage a T32 fellowship training program; includes pre and post award processes.
- Manage research and training budgets, ensuring quality control and safety compliance, developing policies and procedures, and ordering supplies. Identify and address issues and deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Support country teams to prepare annual progress reports, continuation applications, and annual budgets. Develop and schedule program work plan in accordance with specifications and funding limitations to shape the program.
- Support education program for fellows.
- Manage contracts and subaward agreements for domestic and/or international research projects.
- Interact and maintain liaison with students, faculty, staff, and outside/community agencies in facilitating program objectives. Build and maintain strong relationships with domestic & international partners to grow the programming.
- Provide programmatic support and the development of effective and efficient administrative tools linking technical with operations.
- Prepare annual and final financial reports for sponsors.
- Oversee the day-to-day administrative teams to achieve objectives and milestones. Engage in budget formulation, justification, and contract development processes.
- Maintain/or assist with financial & programmatic tracking systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree. Experience:
Four (4) years of program oversight including program planning, budget, and coordination. Prior experience working with NIH and T32 fellowship programs is highly preferred. Supervisory Experience:
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Knowledge of position requirements. Knowledge of all applicable requirements, regulations, and laws. Skill in effective use of applicable technology/systems. Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Ability to work cooperatively with others and independently. Ability to demonstrate, understand, apply, and adhere to the UMB Core Values of Accountability, Civility, Collaboration, Diversity, Excellence, Leadership, and Knowledge. Hiring Range:
Commensurate with education and experience
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact [email protected]
. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. Job:
Reg or CII Exempt StaffShift:
School of Medicine - Centers/Programs/ORCsJob Posting:
Aug 11, 2021Unposting Date:
Aug 25, 2021, 11:59:00 PM