APP Summer AssistantDepartment:
Office of AdvancementLevel:
Level C (Specialist)Job Description:
Assist the Alumni and Parent Program Support Manager in managing a variety of projects such as coding and other data entry, record keeping, and managing the myriad messages in the alumni email inbox and over the phone. Responsibilities may also include research and creative planning for FY 2022 events. The Assistant will also work with a broad range of constituents including parents, alumni, College officials, other student office assistants and confidential files.Work closely with the Program Support Manager (PSM) to organize and maintain office electronic archives including updating procedures so other student staff and Alumni and Parent Programs (APP) staff members can efficiently complete tasks.Collaborate with multiple members of the APP team and be able to take direction from them on various projects as assigned, and report back on results in a timely fashion.Expect weekly phone or zoom check-ins with Program Support Manager and/or APP Director for direction and updates. PSM will assign defined timelines for projects and other responsibilities.Knowledge:Posting Number:
• Proficient with MS Office applications, especially Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Experience with CRM software helpful, but not required.
• Experience with G Suite applications including Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms.
• Familiarity with middfiles.
• Familiarity with video conferencing software, such as Zoom.
• Ability to treat sensitive information with discretion.Other:
• Creative and resourceful.
• Strong leadership skills and a desire to take initiative preferred.
• Experience in a customer service or professional office setting is a plus.
• Solid professional written and verbal communication skills required to effectively interact.
• internally with staff, and with external constituents.
• Must demonstrate a strong commitment and a high level of reliability.
• Must be well organized, detail oriented, articulate, and able to multi-task.
• Able to work independently and make thoughtful decisions in a telecommute capacity.
• Broad based knowledge of campus and its departments in order to answer and direct inquiries.
• Flexible schedule preferred. Number of hours per week is not a guarantee.
• Some evening and weekend hours are a possibility if on-campus events resume at the end of the summer.
• On Campus Events require in-person participation, proof of vaccine and following College COVID-19 protocols.
• College driver’s license helpful but not required.
Middlebury, VT CampusIs this an academic year or summer position?:
Academic YearOpen Until Filled:
NoQuicklink for Posting: