How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health
our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.The Standardized Patient Educator will primarily be responsible for the recruitment, supervision and training of Standardized Patients (SPs) under the supervision of the Director of Clinical Skills. Responsible for leading the recruitment, training and coordination of a team of SPs and will work with faculty members to ensure that the training provided to SPs meet the specific needs of the educational program. In addition to working with SPs, the Standardized Patient Educator will assist in other aspects of the clinical skills curriculum, including quality assurance, development of cases and training materials, high fidelity simulations and use of task trainers. Work closely in a collaborative relationship with SPs, faculty, learners, staff, and SOM leadership in teaching, assessing and remediating clinical skills in our new state of the art simulation center on our health professions campus. The successful candidate will be involved in the development and implementation of an innovative curriculum at a new School of Medicine.Join us on a tour of the School of Medicine!
A day in the life of a Standardized Patient Educator at the Hackensack Meridian Health
School of Medicine can be described as follows:
- Develops a recruitment, training and supervision plan for Standardized Patients including developing and implementing strategies to address SP performance issues.
- Supports the development, implementation, monitoring, and enhancement of operational elements of the clinical skills curriculum.
- Develops and maintains SP Database. Designs, implements, enforces and maintains SP policies, procedures, guidelines that meet institutional goals and standards.
- Provides training to standardized patients to include but not limited to feedback training, best practices for SP Education, current training techniques, and quality control procedure.
- Coordinates, manages, and supervises teaching and assessment activities for learners that support integration into discipline specific curriculum with the guidance of the Director of Clinical Skills and other faculty. This includes designing cases in accordance with programmatic and session objectives, development of training materials for SPs, development of case checklists and strategies to ensure quality of educational sessions prior to implementation.
- Recruit interview and retain a diverse team of standardized patients for purposes of assessment and training for instructional, formative and summative educational programs.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Prior work experience in or related to the Standardized Patient role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication to manage all daily communication as well as documents and reports regarding administrative aspects of the clinical skills curriculum.
- Must be adept at multitasking and keeping extremely organized.
- Microsoft Office Suite skills essential.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.