Job location: JJC Main Campus Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
Student Employee, Office of Student Activities
Office of Student Activities Student Employee
POSITION TITLE: Student Employee, Office of Student Activities
STATUS: Part time
DEPARTMENT: Office of Student Activities
DIVISION: Student Development
REPORTS TO: Dr. Amy Kuspa Sims
MINIMIUM PAY RATE: $11.00 per hourESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Welcome students, staff, faculty, and community members to the Office of Student Activities and answer questions about college and/or OSA and provide excellent customer service to those coming into our office being the front-line person.
2. Provide coverage and assist with hosting OSA sponsored events, in-person and virtually.
3. Assist in preparation, set-up, take-down, and clean-up of OSA programs including, but not limited to, decorations, balloons, food set-up and serving, signing-in students, and moving equipment and supplies.
4. Maintain postings and design marketing for OSA flyers, brochures, banners, bulletin boards, pillar boards, hanging signs, bathroom calendars, and standing signs for campus-wide activities and events. These efforts include, but are not limited to, print and digital development of monthly calendar, marketing individual events, and educational awareness campaigns.
5. Keep OSA literature racks filled
6. Use creative marketing for in-person and virtual programs to inform students of OSA services and events, including but not limited to, creating social media posts, hand-made written banners, videos, wearing costumes, and personal outreach.
7. Run departmental errands
8. Complete light office duties (file, make copies, maintain resource library and organize as needed)
9. Be available for some evening and weekend events when requested. Specifically, between November and March, assist with Comfort Zones held on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday nights between 4pm and 6pm. Hours and days will very.
10. Perform related duties as assigned. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
1. Excellent communication skills
2. Ability to take initiative but also to work as a team player
3. Personable, respectful, responsible and creative
4. Computer skills necessary
5. Familiarity with Social Media venues: Snap Chat, Instagram, Twitter and ability to use creativity to post items on them PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experienced with publishing software (Publisher, Canva and Photoshop preferred)
2. Knowledge of college resources helpful but training will be provided
3. Ability to write legibly on arrow signs and entrance signs 4. Ability to work on-campus and remotely PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Walking and lifting up to 50 pounds
• Climbing on ladders on occasion is also required WORKING CONDITIONS
• There are virtual and in-person (inside and outside) events held through our department.
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):