Job location: Maryland - Montgomery County Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.Job Title
Budget and Financial Analyst (S03416)Job Description Summary
Montgomery College, Office of Business Services (OBS), has need for a full-time, Budget & Financial Analyst position #S03416. If you enjoy conducting budget analyses, reporting and interpreting budget performance, this is the job for you! The work schedule is Monday – Friday, and hours may vary between 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., including some evenings and weekends. This is a grade 31, non-bargaining, exempt position.
Successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an educational and work environment and must be willing to contribute to the Colleges strategic plan of inclusion.
This position performs a key role in the college wide budget analyses, reporting, and interpretations of the College’s budget performance, growth, and projection forecasts for planning and control purposes for the executive management, as well as for the multi-campus development for college wide unit/department planning and budgeting requirements.
Contacts are with college employees, administrators, Board members, representatives of outside organizations and the general public. These communications involve exchanging information, problem solving and activities requiring skills in diplomacy, persuasion and negotiation; and incorporate a developed sense of strategy.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Perform fiscal management duties related to complex in-depth data analyses
and development of recommendations for budget insights for executive
management to make college wide financial decisions for sound fiscal
management and the development of college wide growth initiatives.
• Analyze financial data, extracts, and define relevant information. Interpret
data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and/or to
project a financial probability.
• Gather information to prepare specialized report requests. The report
requests can come from the executive management/leadership within the
College. Perform complex statistical, cost and financial analysis of data.
• Develop, implement and maintain accounting systems, procedures and
policies and functions to ensure adherence to College. Modifies procedures
and processes as needed based on regulatory changes or changes in the
College’s financial systems.
• Design and develop additional relational databases and applications to
locate, retrieve, manipulate, and modify specialized data. In addition, the
position is responsible for the management and maintenance of the
database backup after each budget cycle for security, safety, and archival
• Performs other duties as assigned.Job Description
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, financial management or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience providing understanding of the field.
- Minimum of five years of professional level experience in an educational institution and/or equivalent professional experience.
- Proficiency in the use of software applications, database, spreadsheets, and/or word processing required.
- Knowledge of the principles, processes, and standards for integrated financial analysis and reporting as related to a public Institution.
- Management and maintenance of the complex budget.
- Access database system and the development and management of the unit’s website while continuing to enhance knowledge and expertise of new systems/applications to meet future budgetary functional demands.
- Knowledge of governmental financial regulations.
- Knowledgeable and has good understanding of the organization, policies, procedures, operations, goals, priorities, functions and services.
- Considerable communication, organizational, analytical/problem solving skills in expressing ideas, conclusions and recommendations in an effective, clear, and concise manner, both orally and in written communication.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, work tactfully, communicate effectively with senior management, staff, supervisors, and managers.
- Ability to work well in a team environment that is participative/collaborative to creatively resolve business issues.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
Salary Range: $71,728 to $93,496 (annually). Initial salary placement is based on candidate experience and internal equity. New hires do not typically start beyond the mid-point of the range.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check
- Participation in a retirement plan
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Closing DateFriday, July 30, 2021
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com.
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.