Program Manager - Wharton Executive Education
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Program Manager - Wharton Executive EducationJob Profile Title
Program Manager, Executive EducationJob Description Summary
The Program Manager is the Wharton Executive Education team member who manages all the logistical aspects, before, during, and after the completion of programs delivered by Wharton Executive Education. Reporting to the Associate Director of Program Delivery, the Program Manager will work day-to-day with the Program Directors running their assigned WEE programs. The Program Manager will work closely with Program Directors, IT, SCC facility operator staff and others to ensure all Executive Education programs are delivered with high-quality service levels to ensure an outstanding participant learning experience.
This position represents the frontline interaction with WEE participants and client representatives, prior to the start of the program; during program delivery; as well as post-program interactions to ensure the best possible learning experience. The position will manage faculty and client relationships in collaboration with Program Directors and Associate Directors during the design and planning of programs. The Program Manager is also responsible for the management of needs assessments, and provide administrative support of all follow-up initiatives for all programs.
The Program Manager will also assure appropriate classroom assignments and accommodations for program participants and will monitor and track program financial details, working with SCC facility operator, Admin and financial staff to ensure expenses are accounted for accurately.Job Description
QUALIFICATIONSBachelor's degree required; minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 2-3 years' experience coordinating conference or management training programs preferred.
- Collaborate with Program Directors to ensure that all program materials (notebooks, evaluations, classroom setups, meals, rooms and special events) are accurate and timely. Work collaboratively with the Associate Director of Program Delivery, SCC facility operator staff, and other Program Managers to ensure that all client needs are met in order to deliver a seamless, high-quality program that exceeds expectations. Work with IT and AV staff to ensure all technology needs are properly supported.
- Maintain ownership of entire faculty scheduling process for a large portfolio of programs. Manage faculty relationships relative to program delivery, support follow up efforts as determined by program directors as well as new program design development.
- Monitor measurements of quality for all facets of the delivery process for programs (i.e. participant program evaluations and faculty feedback, facility and dining service comments). Monitor sessions to ensure that the customer is satisfied and appropriate content is being delivered. Discuss, respond to and monitor logistical, content and service requests made by clients including responding to client inquiries
- Maintain ownership of client relationships related to all aspects of program delivery, scheduling and special events. Work closely with corporate sponsors of all programs. Serve as primary contact for clients and program faculty. Serve as liaison between clients and faculty. Communicate program content to clients on behalf of faculty where appropriate.
- Responsible for the implementation and management of needs assessment process, observable outcomes, and follow-up for all programs in portfolio.
- Monitor program finances related to all client billing. Organize and compile all financial and budgetary information.
- Assures accommodations for all Executive Education programs. Master knowledge of all allocated program delivery space; anticipate and troubleshoot challenges.
- Review all logistical information recorded in Delphi or appropriate space management system (space allocation, spreadsheet of events and BEOs) before weekly delivery meetings to confirm information and identify potential problems.
- Work with the Academic Director and Program Director to give appropriate feedback to faculty and suggest changes in future programs.
- Perform additional duties as assigned, such as assisting with the training of program managers.
Job Location - City, State
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team-based environment.
- Ability to be a creative, collaborative problem-solver.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills and mature judgment.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Ability to plan, organize & monitor multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven ability to integrate ideas and concepts.
- Highly developed organizational skills, strict attention to details.
- Friendly, flexible, service-oriented manner.
- Proven ability to respond positively to extreme pressures of time and workload.
- Proven ability in public speaking.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed and serve as essential staff in emergencies.
- Employment contingent upon background check.
- Computer skills & systems knowledge required.
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Wharton SchoolPay Range
$42,953.00 - $77,315.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/SCC-Aresty-InstExec-Ed/Program-Manager---Wharton-Executive-Education_JR00036654
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency