Director of Program Design and Delivery Operations, LIVE - Wharton Executive Education
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Director of Program Design and Delivery Operations, LIVE - Wharton Executive EducationJob Profile Title
Director DJob Description Summary
Director, Program Design and Delivery Operations (PDDO) is accountable for designing and delivering innovative, cutting-edge, high-quality, high-impact offerings using synchronous learning, as well as synchronous learning combined with asynchronous learning, aimed at individual learners as well as corporate clients. The position requires the ability to design and deliver remotely delivered programs that are typical to our existing portfolio (one to a few) as well as novel more accessible programs that will appeal to significantly larger cohorts of participants (one-to-many). The position requires the ability to gauge customer needs, match it with faculty expertise, and develop programs (both short and long duration) with speed on topics that are timely and of immediate relevance. The person in this role will work collaboratively with Business Development partners in Wharton LIVE as well as the program design and management team and the business development team in Wharton Executive Education. The position requires an entrepreneurial mindset so as to be successful in creating a new line of business for WEE, as well as excellent leadership skills as the Director will also mentor and lead a team of Course Managers.
Specific tasks include: sensing market needs; working and partnering with Wharton faculty, program participants, and L&D partners from companies who sponsor custom programs; supporting business development in securing new business opportunities, working closely with technology partners; coordinating with staff from all business units within Wharton Executive Education. In addition, the Director and his/her team will be accountable for assessing the quality of instructional experience by obtaining feedback from the participants and the faculty and maintain post-program follow-up. The Director is also responsible for managing the cost of the programs, making the best decisions to ensure program quality and participants' satisfaction as well as delivering these programs efficiently through responsible cost management. The Director will serve as an expert on instructional technology and keep a keen eye on competitive offerings. The Director will also be responsible for program renewal with custom clients.Job DescriptionDesign and Deliver LIVE Programs of Highest Quality and Ensure Program Renewal
- Based on market needs and faculty expertise, develop a portfolio of LIVE programs, both Open Enrollment and Custom. Continue to enrich these programs on an ongoing basis with new program launches to bring the very best of Wharton to our LIVE participants.
- Ensure high quality customer experience throughout the learning journey (pre, during and post program) across the portfolio. Design and oversee a consistent approach to post-program follow-up for each program in the portfolio.
- Provide leadership and oversight to a team of Course Managers responsible for Wharton LIVE portfolio. Insure that Team members know what is expected and how their performance will be evaluated. Provide encouragement and timely, constructive feedback to support Team members in the continued development of their capabilities. Create a continuous learning environment in the team.
- Develop effective working relationships with Wharton faculty. Proactively work with technology partners, and faculty to identify and refine content for new and existing programs.
- Collaborate with members of the Wharton LIVE team as well as other teams to enhance the One-Wharton culture within the Division.
Perform additional duties as assigned
- Work with the Head of Wharton LIVE to determine appropriate performance goals and measures.
- Serve at all times as a professional and knowledgeable representative of WEE.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of developments and trends in L&D, and especially in technology delivered learning. Communicate with all colleagues on competitive intelligence and share best practices adopted by other leading providers; both university based and others.
A Bachelor's degree and 7 - 10 years of experience is required. A Master's degree preferred. Formal training in instructional design using technology delivered learning, and measuring learning outcomes in diverse instructional settings is required. The ideal candidate would have worked with faculty as well as L&D professional in organizations to match learning needs with faculty expertise to create successful learning engagements. Demonstrated passion and willingness to learn and stay ahead of new learning methods and technologies is required.
Ability to lead a team of program delivery staff and work with a diverse set of individuals in a customer-facing situation required. Flexibility in scheduling and working hours is required in order to support LIVE courses which run 24/7. Some travel may be necessary to meet with existing and potential clients.Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Wharton SchoolPay Range
$88,861.00 - $168,837.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/SCC-Aresty-InstExec-Ed/Director-of-Program-Design-and-Delivery-Operations--LIVE---Wharton-Executive-Education_JR00036551
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency