Hardware Program Manager
Business Affairs: University IT (UIT), Stanford, California, United States
The Stanford University Hardware Program (SUHP) relieves the local department of the procurement and administrative burden associated with purchasing new computers and standard accessories for faculty and staff. As the SUHP Manager, you will lead a small team of IT Asset Analysts and be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the SUHP service. You will work closely with your leadership, clients, CRC and local IT to help develop this new service offering. CORE DUTIES:
- Lead and run the daily operations of the SUHP asset team, which may include recruiting, hiring, training, developing, evaluating, priority setting, and educational activities for your team.
- Contribute to the development of the SUHP service by partnering across University IT, clients, and collaborating within your team.
- Identify, clarify, and resolve critical issues from clients and other staff.
- Meet with clients often to receive feedback on your service and to champion the user experience.
- Know the latest computer hardware releases and update the program guidelines to reflect changing industry standards.
- Analyze the status of hardware in the field and build a schedule to refresh hardware under current program guidelines.
- Track computer and other hardware inventory in the asset manager portal and manage the supply chain to ensure accurate inventory levels.
- Work with your team to coordinate the deployment of new hardware to staff within UIT and any other campus clients.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant work experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Certifications and Licenses:
- Understanding of relevant technical knowledge and problem resolution.
- Strong customer relationship skills, consensus building skills.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships in a diverse environment.
- Ability to empower and mentor staff.
- Proven project management skills.
- Ability to multitask.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- May require extended hours, evenings and weekends.
Why Stanford is for You:
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
How to Apply:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
We invite you to apply for this role by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Stanford University's commitment to safely and effectively meet the public health challenge presented by COVID-19 extends to ensuring University employees may work from home, or another off-site location, where determined appropriate, whenever necessary through the end of August 2021. The department will give reasonable notice when employees are expected to return to work at the Stanford and/or Redwood City campus. The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency